Earphones for noisy environments? Possibly Wireless?
Mar 13, 2021 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Paxonator

Head-Fier
Looking for earphones for at work which can be pretty noisy. I wear earplugs at certain spots at work because of the machinery. Are there iems that are basically earplugs that will block out most of the noise? I used to have a pair of Shure e3's maybe??... but the ex took them many years ago. I'm just listening to audiobooks so I'm not picky about getting the best sound quality. Although wireless would be nice or that they not stick way out. Saw a pair of Shure SE215-CL that were on sale but they aren't wireless. Would love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks.

Travis

Mar 13, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 3
Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 3
Etymotic? They are essentially ear-plug-shaped IEMs. They also make earplugs, sound protection, and hearing aids too.

Edit: the Shure you saw can be turned wireless pretty easily. Shure has a cable, but there are also a bunch of cheap BT cables that are compatible with MMCX. For the Etymotic you’d need to use their BT cable. You may also be able to get a pair of ER2 for very cheap right now through Adorama if you use their email link (search the ER4 thread for that).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back