Earphones for motorcyclists ?
Nov 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Drago76

New Head-Fier
Hello!
There is info about  less or more quality earphones for motorcyclists?
Key moment there is earphone must be "low profile" when sit in earcanal, because in contarry, helmet press on it, and it is not good and comfortable.
I be sure, there must be such models, because a lot of people drive on two wheels, but i do not encounter any info about that...

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 7
Sure - it's the same requirement as people that want to sleep on their side while wearing IEMs. The design of IEMs like the Westone UM & W series, or the Shure SE series, or even the modest MEE M6 all sit very flush with your ear.

Of course, You might also want to consider that driving with earphones is actually illegal in many places.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Ok, thanks for info, i'll check this variants.
I personally ride with earphone in one ear, to get nsome control of environment noises - yet helmet + engine and wind noises is a lot high, and maybe in really there is not an advantage from not to use both earphones.
Some motorcyclists, as i know, use earplugs to minimize exaustion from sounds during long rides.

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #4 of 7
Many states only allow speakers of any sort in a helmet for communications purposes. I've known a few people who have been cited for this, but it is rare

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Maybe. I Live in Latvia, EU. Sadly, there cannot be entered "from" information, avatar and so on, until reached a some "writed posts" or so on.....
There is no any regulations about speakers or earphones during driving on moto - law only require to wearing helmet and have drivers licence, and no alco / psychotropic.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #7 of 7
  The Aurisonic Rockets might suit you. See also the experience of this motorcyclist. There might be cheaper alternatives around, but these are the first that spring to mind. Good luck on your search :)

a bit too pricey for me - about the same money, as X3 - but anyway, thanks for info. I be better look in price category "up to 100$" for in-ear phones. Plan for public transport and home to buy a senn hd380 pro - it looks like good, based on reviews, and locally price is about 120 euro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back