earphones for iphone?
Dec 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

profusion

100+ Head-Fier
Can you recommend me an earphones (normal, not in-ear) with good sound (I have sennheiser cx300 and mx90 and like more mx90) that are compartable with iphone 2g jack. If whey have mic and are white will be plus.

Thanks!

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 6
I cant find any nice phones compartable to iphone jack but buds, not in-ears and white?
(mic not nessesary, just buds and white)
with nice SQ.
if anybody knows?

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Senn MX760 in white? I'm not a big fan of the sound but ClieOS ranked them pretty high in his round-up. Or you could paint some PK3s white
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 6
If you care about sound quality over color and the mic, the Yuin PK3's are awesome for $39 at head-direct

Jan 1, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 6
This was my suggestion from a similar thread:

From my experience, its a much better idea to get a microphone adapter for the iPhone, and then you can choose any earphone you like - you won't be restricted by having to buy the more expensive iPhone versions. The other benefit is that, its likely that the cable on the headset will start to fray instead of the ones on your expensive earphones.

The adapter I've had good experiences with is the audio technica one, which comes with a relatively short cable so won't add too much length to the whole setup. You'll also get a nifty inline volume control and a decent enough microphone.

The Shure one also looks pretty flexible - it separates the microphone and the adapter into seperate parts so it doesn't add any length. Seems a little more finicky to clip though. Don't get the Griffin Smarttalk, the cable is horrible and will obviously fall apart. I know because it did for me.

Unless you can't stand shirt clips, I think the adapter is a great way to go. That way, you can get some awesome non-iPhone earphones which are fantastic value.

Jan 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for replying!
Finally I got a decided that the mic/color is not a issue, so I want to pair my iphone with a good earbud. As I sayed in another tread : I have for an year senns mx90vc and was happy but now I want an upgrade. I tryed b&o A8 and they was great, but I cannot decide alone....and since I'm not native English I cannot understand what is this "lean" sounding (for ath-cm700)
so I'm pretty lost OKs, PKs, ATH or?!
I'm searching for something for a trance music coupled with mu iphone? and something similar to A8 or better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back