earphones for exercising
Dec 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

beavertails

New Head-Fier
hey there guys, i was looking for earphones that range between $60-80. I primarily listen to techno music that has vocals in it with my ipod shuffle. I would rank comfort most important, followed by durability then sound quality (good but not overpowering bass). I've had the bose ie2 for sometime but the cord has snapped recently and i cant afford to get another 1 seeing as it is $110 in Canada. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also these earphones must be able to stay in place if im jogging. thanks

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #2 of 2
I use CX300ii for working out.

- They don't fall out.
- Can handle a lot of abuse.
- J cord (asymmetrical) is useful for passing the cable behind the back, and becomes non-intrusive.
- Enough isolation. Enough to block the awful gym music, but not so much that you loose attention of your surroundings.
- Passable SQ at low to medium listening volumes. Surprisingly airy to be honest, good lateral extension.

And the best part is:
- CHEEEEP!! 

Questionable:
- Bass. Mid-bassy, not absolutely incompetent in the sub-bass region. Somewhat bloated but not all that bad.

Now the con's:
- Midrange is not good (can be brought forward with a little bit of EQing).
- SSSibilanCCCCe (can also be brought down with a little bit of EQing).

With a little EQ they can be tamed and can even sound decent.

X10's too weak. XBA-2s isolate too much. Earpods don't block out any noise, and gyms are noisy environments, so I don't recommend them unless you want to become deaf. 

And well that has been my experience, hope it helps. You could also look for the Klipsch S4i mark II, they look rugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back