Earphones for exercise
Apr 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Tabris

New Head-Fier
Tried in the advice thread, but didn't get a reply, so I may as wellask in a thread.

I need to get some new headphones for the gym, running, cycling and all that.

The last pair I had were a pair of cheap Senn hook earphones that did the job, but they weren't fantastic.

Looking for another pair of hook earphones, preferably with in-ear buds since I have odd ear hole/canals, so getting a good fit, although not impossible, can be a bit of a faff sometimes, so anything to secure a good fit is a bonus. Not too fussed about the sound quality, as long as they're passable by head-fi standards.

I was looking at the Senn/Adidas OMX 680(i) headphones, but I don't think they have an in-ear plug. So while I'm sure they may fit the bill, it would be nice if they did have a plug for a better fit. Any suggestions? Thanks.

My budget is probably around the £30-40 mark. Tops.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 18
Also looking for exercise earphones... I'm coming from Monster Turbine Pro Coppers which are ridiculous for running.  How does the sound of the E30's compare to these or some other earphones like (JVC FX500, UE SUper 5 Pro, Sennheiser C710)

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 18
Simple as I have tried many and I am a basketball coach who spends some hrs shOoting with earphones on. I sweat alot so I also need one that will not brake if I sweat in them. I broke a Shure 530 which cost me back then close to $500 dollars. i ALSO BROKE 4 OTHER EARPHONES. The one earphone that can take is and sounds better then many earphones that cost even $800 dollars is the Atrios MG7 which cost less then $200. I even accidently dropped them into a glass of water and I did not find out until 20 minutes afterwards. They still work!

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 18

Quote:
Simple as I have tried many and I am a basketball coach who spends some hrs shOoting with earphones on. I sweat alot so I also need one that will not brake if I sweat in them. I broke a Shure 530 which cost me back then close to $500 dollars. i ALSO BROKE 4 OTHER EARPHONES. The one earphone that can take is and sounds better then many earphones that cost even $800 dollars is the Atrios MG7 which cost less then $200. I even accidently dropped them into a glass of water and I did not find out until 20 minutes afterwards. They still work!

That's durability right there!

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 18

Actually shocking. I was shooting baskets with my Shure 530 and a little sweat dripped into my ear and they brake? So when I noticed my Atrio in the glass of water I was in shock! I yanked them out and let them to dry and next day they worked. i have them for 5 years and still working.
Quote:

That's durability right there!

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #8 of 18
Just looking at the SoundMagics, I noticed that EH11s aren't much more; how are they by comparison? Thinking about it, I'm probably not going to be too strict with my budget, something around the £50 bracket is probably more accurate.

Otherwise, the E30s are looking like the ones to  do the trick.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #9 of 18

You THINK, BELIEVE but do you KNOW?
Quote:
Just looking at the SoundMagics, I noticed that EH11s aren't much more; how are they by comparison? Thinking about it, I'm probably not going to be too strict with my budget, something around the £50 bracket is probably more accurate.

Otherwise, the E30s are looking like the ones to  do the trick.

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #12 of 18
I bought a Sennheiser CX380 for running and lifting weight. They're awesome for excercise, they have no problem staying in place but the sound is horrible. Bass bleeds everywhere, so you can only enjoy them with electronic music or something like that.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #13 of 18
You should try the $8 JVC Riptidz. It sounds quite decent considering the price. It is listed as being water and sweat resistant.

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #15 of 18
Got my E30's today.  They're what people say, very light and comfy (Especially compared to the Monsters).  I was surprised by the sound, I didn't expect much for $35 but these are really good.  They're what someone said above, less detailed than the Monster Coppers, but sound great.  And honestly, details dont matter much to me when I'm working out.  Bass is a bit more bloated/strong than the Monsters but surprisingly the soundstage on these is very broad and airy.  I noticed that was significantly different from the Coppers.  The mids are also slightly more emphasized on these, where as Coppers are more balanced.  Overall, very happy with this purchase and are very good especially considering their price.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back