Earphone one sided
Aug 24, 2005 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rztrnc

New Head-Fier
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask tech support questions. With most earphone I've had, after some time only one side (speaker or whatever it's called) works and the other is silent. I have to wiggle the wire and all to make it work and even then it stays good for a few seconds/minutes and goes back to being one sided. Is this a general problem? What's wrong and what am I doing wrong? I'm thinking buying a headphone the next time.

Aug 24, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 7
what kind of phones do you have? It could be that the jack in your player is corroded.

Aug 24, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 7
This happens alot to me as well.

I think a connection loosens over time...esp with ear buds since there are
usually smaller connections and are taken on and off so many times.

Aug 24, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 7
It's just ordinary earphones (don't know if there are any other kind). It's not my player since it has happened to me with different players/phones over a period of time and other phones work with the player I use at the time.

With some phones I have to wiggle near the jack and in other phones near the faulty speaker (I know, it's even more hilarious if you actually see it). Meesha, do you have similar problems with headphones or are they OK?

Thanks for the replies.

Aug 24, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 7
yeah, well out of curiosity, what brand/ model phones do you have? if there off- brands i would reccomend an investment, you can get some good phones for as little as $20 , like koss kcs-35's.
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 7
rztrnc, I've had the same one-sided problem with tons of headphones ranging from earbuds to streetstyles. I'm sure it is a wire worn out/connection issue. All of these were cheap cans, except for $40 EX70 - which are still built cheaply I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back