Earphone Help! RHA ma750i, Shure SE215, Xiaomi Piston 2.0, Soundmagic E10, Havi B3 Pro I/II?
Dec 8, 2014 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wildmango

New Head-Fier
Hi all!
I'm looking for a replacement pair of earbuds from my original apple ones. I want some great sounding ones but I'm not all technically geared up like you guys so I thought you could help me make a decision. 
I have anywhere between £0 and £90 to spend on them, and just want the best ones for isolation (if possible), sound, profile and comfort.
So far I've come across...

- the RHA ma750i - £90
these are quite expensive but they seem to have a lovely build quality and great sound. Worth the money?

- the Shure se215 - £80
these were my original first choice but they don't seem to get mentioned much any more. Are they still any good?

- the Xiaomi Piston 2 - £?
no idea what to make of these. Better than the others?

- the Soundmagic e10 - £25
really cheap, like the Xiaomis but I'm not sure if they'd stack up very well compared to the opposition despite the reviews.

- the Havi B3 Pro 1 - £40-50
these seemed like the best choice until I heard about the issues being reported about them. Should I look past these issues or not?

other than that, I'm stuck, and I'm not sure how to narrow the list down. Any other suggestions/advice on which to go for would be HUGELY appreciated, thanks :)

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 4

Hi, I was in a similar position, and I pulled the trigger on the SE215's. I have only the RHA's to compare them to, but I would rank them higher in comfort and sound. I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back