earphone for motorcycle riding
Jul 6, 2007 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AFEnlistee

Head-Fier
Ok. This is what I need advice on. I need a good in earphone for wear inside my helmet while im riding my bike. really want an inexpensive one since im not going to be paying alot of attention to detail while riding. something decent, but not expensive. and as comfortable as possible. any suggestions? thanks.

Jul 6, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 7
I personally don't have a pair, but everyone seems to love the Koss KSC75s. They're clip on style and can be had for less than $20

Jul 6, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by LepakVT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally don't have a pair, but everyone seems to love the Koss KSC75s. They're clip on style and can be had for less than $20

Really not so nice to have a on-ear can with a helmet.

I believe he's looking for a decent pair of IEMs or other earphones. Maybe a pair with a not so good seal, since you would want to hear the sounds around you.

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 7
as someone who grew up on bikes this is a really BAD idea. you need all the attention you can muster and should not have any extraneous distractions. as it is there are way too many distracted drivers out there who can cause you to have an accident. even worse are the malicious drivers who would deliberately screw with you. i recommend some earplugs to attenuate wind noise a bit but distractions can be disasterous leading to a loss of limb or life (and i've worked in a trauma center and had to deal with too many nitwits)!

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as someone who grew up on bikes this is a really BAD idea. you need all the attention you can muster and should not have any extraneous distractions. as it is there are way too many distracted drivers out there who can cause you to have an accident. even worse are the malicious drivers who would deliberately screw with you. i recommend some earplugs to attenuate wind noise a bit but distractions can be disasterous leading to a loss of limb or life (and i've worked in a trauma center and had to deal with too many nitwits)!

Definitely agree.

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 7
As someone who also grew up on bikes, I've also used earphones while riding. I don't do it anymore, but it's not because it made me pay any less attention or inhibited my biking skills in any way. There's too much outside noise while riding(wind,engine), and even with a good isolating IEM this will cause you to turn the volume up to excessive levels. I stopped for fear of damaging my hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back