Earphone Decision Help
Sep 15, 2002 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JVOBIKER

Head-Fier
A while ago when I first purchased my iPod, I visited this site and got great help on what sort of headphones to buy. I decided to go with the Koss KSC-35s and I was amazed by the sound quality when I received them. However, I really want to use earphones instead so that I could just wrap them around my iPod and carry it around easily. I listen to music mostly on my train rides from school and to school. I also don't like how the KSC-35s are very open and allow me to hear the loud noises from the train and I also feel bad when my music (mostly rock and heavy metal) is blasting into the person next to me. Are there any earphones (other than the Etymotics because I don't want to have to fiddle with them just to get a proper seal) that have great sound quality but are smaller than the KSC-35s and don't leak as much sound? Thanks

Sep 15, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally posted by JVOBIKER
A while ago when I first purchased my iPod, I visited this site and got great help on what sort of headphones to buy. I decided to go with the Koss KSC-35s and I was amazed by the sound quality when I received them. However, I really want to use earphones instead so that I could just wrap them around my iPod and carry it around easily. I listen to music mostly on my train rides from school and to school. I also don't like how the KSC-35s are very open and allow me to hear the loud noises from the train and I also feel bad when my music (mostly rock and heavy metal) is blasting into the person next to me. Are there any earphones (other than the Etymotics because I don't want to have to fiddle with them just to get a proper seal) that have great sound quality but are smaller than the KSC-35s and don't leak as much sound? Thanks

You could try the Senn MX-500's (less than $20). They'll leak as much as any bud.

You really should try the Ety's, I've never played the fiddle
biggrin.gif

Seriously, the whole seal deal is overblown. I can't speak for the 6's, which I believe might be a little harder to obtain a seal with. The 4P's are a great match with the iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back