Earpads for Fischer Audio FA-006/Renkforce CD-340
Feb 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SonicScientist

New Head-Fier
I have cheap rebrands of FA-006 as my secondary pair of headphones and they have _really_ uncomfortable, hard faux-leather earpads. Apparently there is no spare pads sold so does anyone know if any other brands' earpads fit them? Beyerdynamic Dt-770/880/990 pads look like they might fit, but I have no idea about the measurements. Sorry about typos, I'm writing this in dark with my laptop.

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 6
Beyerdynamic pads fit. It's bit tricky to get them on because the plastic lip on the pads doesn't stretch that much but it can be done. I have beyer velours on my renkforces. Comfort increased alot but there were also positive changes in sound, especially highs sound better.

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 6
I have no experience with those. Propably those would provide and better seal then stock pads and because of that the bass will be better. Also those will likely be bassier than beyer velours. Thats often the case with velours vs pleathers. Superlux pleathers are also be an option. Those are attached on top of the headphones sides instead of that crack. Those are a loose fit so you would need to put few small pieces off blu tack between the pad and the headphone to hold it securely in place. Of course the pads are not beyer quality but hd681 cost's about same as beyer pads so it might be worth considering if you have ever thought about trying superlux.

May 31, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 6
I used the Shure SRH940's velour pads for a while. As I did not like the feel of the velour against my skin, I replaced them by MH5's pads and they became as comfy as my Sony XB500. The renkforce look and feel like crap, but sound wise and now comfort wise they are my absolut favorite ones. I didn't find better for long sessions of music (I use them at work).

Btw, if someone is looking for genuine Shure SRH940 pads that have been used about 20 hours you can PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back