Earpad interchange between Sony MDR-7506/V6 and others?
Sep 22, 2016 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

swechsler

New Head-Fier
(looks like I'm not allowed to post in the full-size headphone forum yet)

My MDR-7506's are my backup backups; I use them rarely (I usually carry them with me on flights so my wife can listen to the in-flight entertainment). I don't want to put a lot of money into them, and I can't stand the standard replacement earpads with the thin vinyl covering. I'd much rather have velour. On eBay you can buy the standard replacements for under $2 but velour earpads for these run $13 (not a lot of money, I know, but I can't tell the quality, and replacement velour pads for my DT770s are under $5). Indications are that the ATHM30 uses the same size earpads. Are there any other models of 'phones that use the same size, that I can maybe search for that would have cheaper velour replacements?

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 3
  (looks like I'm not allowed to post in the full-size headphone forum yet)

My MDR-7506's are my backup backups; I use them rarely (I usually carry them with me on flights so my wife can listen to the in-flight entertainment). I don't want to put a lot of money into them, and I can't stand the standard replacement earpads with the thin vinyl covering. I'd much rather have velour. On eBay you can buy the standard replacements for under $2 but velour earpads for these run $13 (not a lot of money, I know, but I can't tell the quality, and replacement velour pads for my DT770s are under $5). Indications are that the ATHM30 uses the same size earpads. Are there any other models of 'phones that use the same size, that I can maybe search for that would have cheaper velour replacements?

I'm guessing the "velour" ear pads for $13, are about the best price you can get.
The Velour quality of those $13 "made in China" ear pads might not match quality name brand ($30-$40) velour ear pads, but should still be decent.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 3
$13 for velour is a pretty good deal. I know I paid $20+ for the Brainwavz pleather pads for my 7506, and the Brainwavz velour are a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back