EarMen ST-Amp
Mar 30, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #31 of 64
I’m really starting to enjoy the little AMP DAC with my Meze Pro 109s.
The detail clarity and soundstage are just what I hoped for….
The Mezes ar3 a bit bass light but the sound staging is magnificent……
Rory Gallagher neve4 sounded so good
Wow, the 109 bass light?
You sure love your bass emphasized!!!

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #33 of 64
Just received my ST-Amp yesterday. I didn't have time to try the headphones output yet. But here is what can I say at this time:

- 3 little stands that makes the device very unbalanced. With a heavy home made power cable, the device just falls back... I had to take them off and put 4 stands of my own.
- Output power is excellent. But I regret there is no fixed volume mode
- Sound on analog outputs is amazing. It takes the sound transparency of EarMen but allows more fluid moves between the muscians and a less hard tone of voice I have on my Angel. It's halfway between the EarMen philosophy and the iFi one, with only the good sides: musicality (iFi), accuracy (EarMen), dynamics (EarMen), wide (iFi) and high (EarMen) soundstage. I really really love that.

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #38 of 64
Just received my ST-Amp yesterday. I didn't have time to try the headphones output yet. But here is what can I say at this time:

- 3 little stands that makes the device very unbalanced. With a heavy home made power cable, the device just falls back... I had to take them off and put 4 stands of my own.
- Output power is excellent. But I regret there is no fixed volume mode
- Sound on analog outputs is amazing. It takes the sound transparency of EarMen but allows more fluid moves between the muscians and a less hard tone of voice I have on my Angel. It's halfway between the EarMen philosophy and the iFi one, with only the good sides: musicality (iFi), accuracy (EarMen), dynamics (EarMen), wide (iFi) and high (EarMen) soundstage. I really really love that.
gotta agree with you on this, using Angel's DAC out to ST-AMP, end result is amazing..loving this combo

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #39 of 64
May 24, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #42 of 64
Do you need the ST-Amp if you have the Angel?
Its about the same Power Output. Is the Sound so different?
The DAC portion of the Angel is much better than the ST-Amp.
You need the ST-Amp only if want more power output otherwise you are very good with the Angel.
IMHO

May 24, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #43 of 64
Do you need the ST-Amp if you have the Angel?
Its about the same Power Output. Is the Sound so different?
Yeap, as what Ichos said, the DAC section of Angel is so much better that the differences is immediate when you are using Angel's DAC vs ST-Amp's DAC.
However, this is not to say that ST-Amp's DAC is bad, just slightly lacking in terms of performance.

May 25, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #45 of 64
Do the ST-Amp have more Power?
7,2v SE or 8,5v balanced from the Angel against 4v SE or 7,75v balanced for the ST-Amp.
On paper they are the same, the Angel is very powerful.
But the befier power supply of the ST-Amp makes for a more effortless and powerful sound.
But honestly if I had the Angel, I wouldn't bother with the ST-Amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back