EarMen Eagle
Jan 10, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #16 of 19
Definitely give it a try, it's a great little guy :)
Maybe I order one.
But the new portable dac/amp from earmen seems exciting

Jan 30, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #17 of 19
Picked one of these up to replace the iBasso dongle which died on my after about a week.

Really enjoying it! Aesthetics, not that it matters, are really nice. Sound wise I can't fault it, really pairs well with my Austrian Audios. Do have an issue with the USB C to USB A cable being intermittent, but the dealer has said they'll sort a replacement.
Sensible price point for a dongle DAC for me. If you're looking for better or more features, better off going Desktop.

Apr 12, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #18 of 19
EarMen Eagle.jpg

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #19 of 19
I have found that the Eagle is my favorite DAC for powering my car speakers from a laptop which I use for Equalizer APO as my car really needs an EQ. I used to just use the built in output jack but was unhappy with it being so loose and then found it didn't sound ideal.

I tested all of my mini DACs from my laptop USB to my car 3.5mm input: Audioengine D3, FiiO K1, SMSL Idea, HiBy FC3 and the EarMen Eagle. The FiiO K1 is slightly worse than the others while the FC3 and Idea are about tied. I love the dynamics from the Audioengine D3, which the Eagle basically matches but with slightly more warmth. The Eagle is definitely the smoothest and cleanest mini USB DAC I have ever heard. After hearing it again after repairing the connector it instantly made music better to listen to compared to the laptop output.

I needed to replace the USB connector on my Eagle after an accident. The work was relatively easy but you need to be careful breaking the glue while initially removing the PCB from the bottom side. The USB connector can be found here: https://www.lcsc.com/product-detail/USB-Connectors_SHOU-HAN-AM-1800CB_C2681565.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back