EarMen Angel
Dec 21, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #61 of 167
Dec 21, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #62 of 167
Jan 2, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #63 of 167
I have been using the Earmen Angel for the past 5 months almost, and I have finally managed to write a review based on long-term use. This also happens to be my first review of the year 2023, so got off to a good start I guess haha.

To summarize the review: if you are a predominantly headphone user, and need something to carry on the go or act as a solid DAC when on the desk, the Earmen Angel is one of the best options out there. The build is excellent, the usability features handy, and the price is rather competitive when you consider the overall market of such devices.

The biggest downside here is the slight hiss with sensitive IEMs, and the lack of a line-in which would allow DAP users to use the Angel as an amp. Given the target demography, these are not deal breakers, as when connected to external amps or full-size cans the Angel just shine.

I think that the Earmen Angel will gain a cult following over time, as devices of their class usually do.

Full review can be read here.

IMG_9724.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #64 of 167
That's good to know.
I keep mine always plugged to the charger during the burning time. 24/7
I just got mine today, and i plugged em into my mac and charging it at the same time, it does get very warm, is that the case for you as well? should i be worried about it? haha

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #65 of 167
I just got mine today, and i plugged em into my mac and charging it at the same time, it does get very warm, is that the case for you as well? should i be worried about it? haha
I don't remember something strange, it was getting warm but not too hot to sound alarming.
It was continuously plugged for more than 10 days.

Jan 27, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #66 of 167
I don't remember something strange, it was getting warm but not too hot to sound alarming.
It was continuously plugged for more than 10 days.
got it, yeah, it was just warm like the Mojo but nothing too hot..
thanks!

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #69 of 167
Hey @Miroslav EarMen ! I'd like to get the Angel. Only question that remains is what's the battery replacement story of the Angel?

Thank you!
If the device is within the warranty period, we replace the entire device, if the warranty period has expired, we replace the battery, but with an additional charge

Feb 3, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #71 of 167
Thanks @Miroslav EarMen !

One more Q: Any chance you'll sell battery replacement parts instead of shipping the unit to you?
If the battery stops working, we will find a solution to help customers. This is not recommended because the device may be damaged during an unprofessional battery replacement, but if the customer insists, we will fulfill his wishes.

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #72 of 167
Hey guys, just posting here to see if anyone have any experience running it on a Mac..
I'm using the Angel with my Mac via Tidal, not sure if there is any specific setting to get the MQA working properly?
I have turned on Exclusive mode in Tidal, enabled the passthrough MQA, but when playing MQA tracks, the LED doesn't turn to magenta, whereas when i connect the Angel using a Type C to Lightning cable to my iPhone playing Tidal, the LED does turn to magenta when playing MQA tracks..hmmmmm

Feb 7, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #73 of 167
Hey guys, just posting here to see if anyone have any experience running it on a Mac..
I'm using the Angel with my Mac via Tidal, not sure if there is any specific setting to get the MQA working properly?
I have turned on Exclusive mode in Tidal, enabled the passthrough MQA, but when playing MQA tracks, the LED doesn't turn to magenta, whereas when i connect the Angel using a Type C to Lightning cable to my iPhone playing Tidal, the LED does turn to magenta when playing MQA tracks..hmmmmm
That sounds strange. I use Angel with my Mac and from my iPhone with lightning --> USB camera connector (and sometimes coax out from my CD-player).
Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music and whatever streaming source I use, I have not yet encountered any issues.
When I had Tidal I also got the magenta LED when in exclusive mode but I am quiet colorblind and I had difficulty seeing the difference between the magenta and the blue.
Do you have the most expensive Tidal HiFi subscription?

I cancelled my Tidal subscription because I *feel* Apple Music Master and lossless sounds better, so I am currently not able to re-test it.

Feb 7, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #74 of 167
That sounds strange. I use Angel with my Mac and from my iPhone with lightning --> USB camera connector (and sometimes coax out from my CD-player).
Tidal, Spotify, Apple Music and whatever streaming source I use, I have not yet encountered any issues.
When I had Tidal I also got the magenta LED when in exclusive mode but I am quiet colorblind and I had difficulty seeing the difference between the magenta and the blue.
Do you have the most expensive Tidal HiFi subscription?

I cancelled my Tidal subscription because I *feel* Apple Music Master and lossless sounds better, so I am currently not able to re-test it.
Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah I’m currently on the Hifi Plus subscription. Strange thing is that the LED changed to magenta on the iPhone but not on the Mac. Hmmm.

Feb 7, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #75 of 167
Hi there!
New (happy) owner of an Angel.
I have a silly questionn about chargers…would 5V/3A be an overkill? Should I stick to the 2A?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back