Earmax (stnd) price question
Jun 6, 2005 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Beach

New Head-Fier
I've got HD580s and I'm wondering what a fair price would be for an Earmax head amp. The unit is in very good condition with 110 voltage input.

Also, would this amp be a good match for driving my 580s with a bit of volume?

I need lots of volume if I'm using an MP3 player as source. I had to turn my Creek amp all the way up to get where I needed to be and I don't listen loud.

Jun 6, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach
I've got HD580s and I'm wondering what a fair price would be for an Earmax head amp. The unit is in very good condition with 110 voltage input.

Also, would this amp be a good match for driving my 580s with a bit of volume?

I need lots of volume if I'm using an MP3 player as source. I had to turn my Creek amp all the way up to get where I needed to be and I don't listen loud.

My advice is too avoid it. The Standard Earmax is underpowered and will struggle. Not to mention if you upgrade to other cans then your money has been wasted on the amp.

There is a Earmax Pro in the F/s forums. That is better than the standard version although I don't know what your budget is.

The Emp's are a more warm, refined listen.

Jun 6, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
My advice is too avoid it. The Standard Earmax is underpowered and will struggle. Not to mention if you upgrade to other cans then your money has been wasted on the amp.

The Emp's are a more warm, refined listen.

That's what I needed to know.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back