Earmax Silver
Mar 24, 2006 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

bobbyk

100+ Head-Fier
According to Stone Audio in the UK the new Earmax Silver will retail at about £600 mark.

They state that it is essentially the earmax pro supplemented with the power supply from the Earmax AE. This power supply, according to them, is the only similarity with the Earmax AE.

The Silver in its title relates to the colour of the base it will come with.

They did not give an anticipated release date for the product.

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:37 AM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyk
According to Stone Audio in the UK the new Earmax Silver will retail at about £600 mark.

They state that it is essentially the earmax pro supplemented with the power supply from the Earmax AE. This power supply, according to them, is the only similarity with the Earmax AE.

The Silver in its title relates to the colour of the base it will come with.

They did not give an anticipated release date for the product.

You can buy it here: http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/index.php?cPath=93

Best!
Nicola

Mar 24, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
You can buy it here: http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/index.php?cPath=93

Best!
Nicola

Cheaper too...
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 10:56 AM Post #4 of 17
Excellent stuff.

Think I'll be very happy with my new little investment, but probably well worth a look for anyone who wanted the AE model but missed out

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 17
I have been thinking of buying the Earmax AE and noticed that the UK websites were only proposing this Silver model for a little more than £600.
Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the two?
Has anybody tried any of the two with ATH W5000 and can comment about synergy?

Apr 6, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #7 of 17
Vic,the AE has sold out in the UK.

I believe the circuit in the AE and Silver are the same,including the power supply

Apr 6, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob N
Vic,the AE has sold out in the UK.

I believe the circuit in the AE and Silver are the same,including the power supply

Thanks Rob, so my understandi is that the SE should be practically an AE with cosmetic difference and less expensive tubes. Am I right?
What was the UK price of the AE?

If I may ask, where are you in the UK?
If there was a chance to audition your AE with my W5000 I would be really interested, even if had had to do a bit of travelling

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
Thanks Rob, so my understandi is that the SE should be practically an AE with cosmetic difference and less expensive tubes. Am I right?
What was the UK price of the AE?

If I may ask, where are you in the UK?
If there was a chance to audition your AE with my W5000 I would be really interested, even if had had to do a bit of travelling

Rob lives closer to you than I do. I have not heard the w5k but I would suspect it would sound similar to the w2002.

If this were to be the case then I liked the w2002 with the Emp a.e. You are going to the NYC meet? You will be able to hear my emp a.e there. I think stevio has one as well.

Apr 7, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 17
When I ordered the Earmax A.E. from Stone Audio, I was informed by Alex, who had spoken with the U.K. importer, that the circuitary in the silver had more in common with the Earmax Pro. He said, "Essentially the Silver is the Pro with the larger power supply of the A.E. That is all it has in common with the A.E."

This is his statement not mine, but I have to take it as correct given he has made the appropriate enquiries.

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyk
When I ordered the Earmax A.E. from Stone Audio, I was informed by Alex, who had spoken with the U.K. importer, that the circuitary in the silver had more in common with the Earmax Pro. He said, "Essentially the Silver is the Pro with the larger power supply of the A.E. That is all it has in common with the A.E."

This is his statement not mine, but I have to take it as correct given he has made the appropriate enquiries.

I've had a look inside an AE and Pro and the circuits in both are similar.

Apr 7, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Rob lives closer to you than I do. I have not heard the w5k but I would suspect it would sound similar to the w2002.

If this were to be the case then I liked the w2002 with the Emp a.e. You are going to the NYC meet? You will be able to hear my emp a.e there. I think stevio has one as well.

I am the only crazy person who has booked to come to the meeting from overseas (yes I have got this hobby very bad
k1000smile.gif
).
I am having some troubles to find a flight and an hotel in NYC, and to get organised with my work, but I am doing my best to be there.
If I will (80% possibilities) it will be a great chance to hear you EMP AE; I will then assume that the sound signature of the EMP Silver should be very close.
Many thanks for proposing it.

BTW, whath was the UK price of the AE?

Apr 7, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #13 of 17
I think you are not the only crazy one.

BTW I won't go because I had a trip with my parents by then. That's the only reason why I won't be there. Maybe next time...

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #14 of 17
Earmax Silver £649-95 in the UK via The Audiophile Club.

The Earmax Anniversary Edition £895-00 including metal case. Wow, like that will make it sound better.

Apr 8, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
I am the only crazy person who has booked to come to the meeting from overseas (yes I have got this hobby very bad
k1000smile.gif
).
I am having some troubles to find a flight and an hotel in NYC, and to get organised with my work, but I am doing my best to be there.
If I will (80% possibilities) it will be a great chance to hear you EMP AE; I will then assume that the sound signature of the EMP Silver should be very close.
Many thanks for proposing it.

BTW, whath was the UK price of the AE?

YGPM
rs1smile.gif

Have you ever been fuzzed up?
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back