Earmax Pro owners (and others) beware!
Aug 4, 2004 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spent&Bent

500+ Head-Fier
Even though on my holiday I could not resist checking ebay (
redface.gif
) and look what the proverbial cat dragged in:

another realjazzcat scam

This one, however has a twist since it specifically targets earmax pro owners (?!).
Stay clear of these tubes they are low quality american made tubes, not the high quality german ones.

FYI this guy (realjazzcat) has bought a massive amount of these lower quality tubes a while ago and is trying to sell them off for premium prices, caution.

Aug 4, 2004 at 1:04 PM Post #2 of 6
thanks for that(though i don't have tube amps) so are the ones he's selling even worth the 55 he's asking? i don't know anything about tubes

Aug 4, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 6
thanks for the head-up!

beside the guys bad reputation. Is it possible to tell that ecc801s tfkn is fake from the picture?

ps: he has great feedbacks for a scammer! doh!

Aug 4, 2004 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 6
"This is a NOS Telefunken ECC801S without the diamond bottom which dates the tubes after the mid-1980's."

The tube manufacturers names have been bought and sold. So it could be a "Telefunken" in name but who actually made the tube?

Mitch

Aug 4, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 6
"NOS NIB TELEFUNKEN ECC801S 12AT7 GE6201 Ribbed Plate tube with Large Halo Getter, Museum Quality Lettering and Original Box"

So these are GE tubes.I bought one TFK ECC801s from a UK tube dealer which had the GE dots on the tube and 'Made in USA' on the side.I've also seen TFK 6080 which are also GE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back