EarMax Pro Amp Review - audioXpress
Aug 23, 2002 at 7:34 AM Post #16 of 20
What surprised me the most about this review was the second paragraph. They said that a solid wood enclosure is also available -- I don't remember anyone ever mentioning this before. They also mention a PakMax 12V DC rechargeable battery.

Aug 23, 2002 at 8:22 AM Post #17 of 20
Discovery,thanks for that info

I enquired from the UK distributor (audiophile club) and they said that the hardwood body was a special and that to get it now you would have to order something like 10 of them!!

Aug 23, 2002 at 8:45 AM Post #18 of 20
I remember seeing a pic of one of the wooden EMPs, so yes it does exist. It did cost quite a bit more though than a normal one, by at least $100.

Aug 24, 2002 at 3:51 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

I remember seeing a pic of one of the wooden EMPs, so yes it does exist. It did cost quite a bit more though than a normal one, by at least $100.

When I spoke to Mr. Hutchens of AA about ordering an Earmax Pro in matching mahogany for my RS-1 I was told they don't do that anymore (the tooling broke or something)...

Aug 25, 2002 at 10:47 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by SumB
When I spoke to Mr. Hutchens of AA about ordering an Earmax Pro in matching mahogany for my RS-1 I was told they don't do that anymore (the tooling broke or something)...

Well, that's interesting...I wonder if they still do it or not. It's rather mean to advertise...I mean, to put this information in a review -- and have the review reviewed by the distributor -- and it not be the case. Maybe I'll email audioXpress...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back