Earmax Anniversary
Sep 29, 2005 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 210

edisonwu

Headphoneus Supremus
I was so lucky that I could have a chance to become one of the Earmax Anniversary owners. I got this small beautiful baby this morning. And I just have some time to test it. Anyways I still need some more for the adition. But so far what I can say about the overall sound is this is totally a different from Earmax Pro. It has more details and it is more powerful. More quicker and more aggressive, but retains the warmth of the old Earmax Pro.
As you can see later in the photos, I also have the Earmax pro version in hands. I have just bought it for one and half month. Since I already hold the AE version, I no long need the pro any more. If any of you are interested in it, I am so willing to sell it. Just simplly give me a PM. This is amost a brand new EArmax Pro Amplifier. Definitely, I will open up a new thread for the "FS" purpose couple days later.
Here are the photos, hope you guy will enjoy it.

------
edit-Oct. 8th /05: add some more pics

img73084nt.jpg

img73110nm.jpg

img73120dh.jpg

img73146wp.jpg

img73150xo.jpg

img73194nb.jpg

img73220yq.jpg

img73234ak.jpg

img73266xa.jpg

img73273xs.jpg

img73559oq.jpg

img73596ut.jpg

img73617il.jpg

Sep 29, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I am glad for you Please post you comments/review when you have a chance.

Sure I will. Let me say after I get my english improved, I would write a book as the review. It just surprises me alot. Very dynamic.

Sep 29, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
So you finally got one then edisonwu. Told you dinky and fuzzy kicks ass

The seller said this is in true the last one...
sound is extremely amazing.
Build quality is much stronger than pro version.
You should have kept yours or sold it to me.

Sep 29, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #6 of 210
Congrats! First step for the L3000...

Best!
Nicola

Sep 29, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #7 of 210
Can you do a complete pic of that owner paper? In my unit no any instruction was inside...

Best!
Nicola

Sep 29, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #8 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
The seller said this is in true the last one...
sound is extremely amazing.
Build quality is much stronger than pro version.
You should have kept yours or sold it to me.

Oh he still owns one, he has merely gifted me with the pleasure of having a longer than short-term listen. I need to get some Mullards, Siemens and maybe some Amperex to try out. I'm done with these Teles. Is the gold pin Sylvania pretty much the best gain tube?

Cheers.

Sep 29, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #10 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Just received my EMP and I'm jealous already. Haven't even heard it yet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

The pro or the AE?

Best!
Nicola

Sep 29, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #11 of 210
Bang for the buck, if i went exposed tube (i can't, gotta baby) i'd totally go for the Earmax - I'd love to hear a AE, but the Pro was darn impressive in itself. Good stuff, congrats!

Sep 29, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #12 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Can you do a complete pic of that owner paper? In my unit no any instruction was inside...

Best!
Nicola

From what I learn from AD2000 with Earmax Pro, L3000 should be something like the final, you can't go any further than that. It is fantastic. Surely, I definitely will get one of them if I have that chance.
The instruction ia awful. I cant read German.

img73464xo.jpg

Sep 29, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #13 of 210
I may have a question to ask those all of the EMP and AE owners here.
From what I learn, there used to be another Earmax pro with different chassis and color. Photo 1 provided by "insomniac" is the old model Earmax pro.
The second and third photos is another Earmax Anniversary provided by an American retailer. The photo shows a difference from the one I got. I saw "Rob N"'s Earmax Anniversary is the same as mine, though. The one on the photo has a piece of golden metal on the top of the amp engraved "Earmax Anniversary". The American retailer once mentioned that the assigned serial numbers running from EM10AN-01 to EM10AN-33 are for the U.S. Are those amount of Earmax Anniversary for US different from Europe's in the chassis? Where can I check the serial number of mine?

5945earmaxandsometubes50oc.jpg

unknown13gb.jpg

unknown4zl.jpg

Sep 29, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #14 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Just received my EMP and I'm jealous already. Haven't even heard it yet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

have you ordered the L3000?
I guess EMP goes well with your W1000.

Sep 29, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #15 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Bang for the buck, if i went exposed tube (i can't, gotta baby) i'd totally go for the Earmax - I'd love to hear a AE, but the Pro was darn impressive in itself. Good stuff, congrats!

I agree, AE is a little bit higher at the price. even though, it is worth that much money for me based on the sound improvement, size and shape. Anyways, I must say the pro version is also a very wise choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back