Early XMas Present! * Brainwavz B2 *. Impressions and Mini review compared to UE TF10s.
Dec 5, 2011 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LaaG

Head-Fier
Just got to start of with the proper excellent customer support and service at MP4Nation! This is my 3rd Brainwavz earphone to date (I own the Alphas, M1s and now the proud owner of the B2s) and each order has been seamless and smooth all the way through.

I'm not an audiophile and don't really consider myself one. I just enjoy music and occasionally want to find newer and better ways to enjoy it!

Brief history of my earphone ownership (oldest to most recent):
Sony ex71, Sennheiser cx300, Jays D-Jays, Creative ep-630, Klipsch Custom-2, Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 Studio, Brainwavz M1, Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro, Soundmagic PL30, Brainwavz Alphas.

First some pictures!

Sound:

I just received these within the last hour so I'm currently getting used to the sound signature. First Impressions so far are they have the typical BA sound signature, pronounced mids, sparkly treble and borderline lean/adequate bass. They are quite bright.

Switching between the TF10s and B2s, I'm torn between the two. I quite like the brighter and cleaner sound of the B2s but the TF10s just offer that all round sound and the bass hits harder. Also the B2s seem to be more detailed and revealing, not too sure if it's just brighter giving the impression of detail.

iPod has decided to run out of battery when I need it most so I'm currently waiting for it to charge.

More to Come!

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I know that feeling of being torn between those phones – I was torn between the DBA-02 and the TF10 for a while. In the end, the TF10 won out with its fuller bass and greater weight throughout the whole spectrum, more spacious soundstage and better isolation. I must say, I didn't like the build quality of the DBA-02s.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 4
Well after about a day of listening they are both good, but just at different things. But i have to say the TF10s come out on top.
The B2s are actually more musical then I anticipated, I was preparing myself for something substantially more analytical.

Rock definitely sounds much better on the TF10. Listening to the intro of "Eye of the Tiger" on the B2s, the cymbals just overpower the guitar. Electric guitars sound thin and weedy on the B2s as well. Listening to Buckethead, Paul Gilbert and Van Halen, some notes get lost and doesn't that crunch and weight the TF10 has.

Classical however would be the B2s strong point. The brighter airier sound of the B2s I think make them perfect for Classical.
Kina Grannis also sounds better on the B2s.

There is a bump in the treble on the B2 around the 6KHz region (I think) that was refreshing at first, but after extending listening is just annoying and fatiguing. It made cymbals too overemphasized and other high notes too harsh.
Bass on the B2 is just perfect for me. I take back my statement about them being a bit lean. They have just the right amount of thump and doesn't bleed into the mid range.

Mids are perfectly balanced with the treble and bass. It's not too forward where it made vocals sound too intimate but not too recessed that the backing track is on top of the singing.

@shureThing: The cable do feel very delicate and I have no idea how long it will last. I would have loved it if Brainwavz put their M-series cables on the B2.

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #4 of 4
I have both, and IMHO they complement each other, though if I am flying, my B2 gets the vote because it is my best isolating IEM to date (seals, fits, and isolates perfectly with large comply T-100)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back