Earbuds: Yuin PK2, PK3, or something else?
Jun 10, 2007 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ViPeRx007

New Head-Fier
I simply have to get a pair of earbuds besides the stock ones that came with my D2. I'm not really a fan of IEM's and anything else is not really that portable so earbuds are my favored choice. I've done some looking around and and am curious about the Yuin earbuds. It's hard to bring myself to pull the trigger on the PK2's ($69 @ Head-Direct) and I've read that some people actually prefer the sound of the PK3's ($35) because they offer more bass; not that that is really that big a deal to me. If the overall quality is better with the PK2's I'd rather have that and lose some bass.

I'm the most indecisive person in the world. I think I've had each one in my shopping cart about a dozen times but I can't go through with it. I haven't yet decided whether or not my indecisiveness is a good or bad thing when it comes to audio equipment....probably good for my wallet but that's about it!

Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for people to persuade me toward the PK2's or PK3's. Maybe my money would be better spent on another earbud that I've never heard of? If that's the case, let me know about it! Just keep in mind that $69 is the max I'm willing to spend on earbuds. Even that price seems kind of ridiculous but I guess if what I get warrants the price, whatever.

Jun 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ekoshyun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you need an amp with the PK2's in order to more bass?

NO - the PK2s amped doesn't really bring more bass.

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #6 of 12
Yea, I've actually read from a few different sources that PK2's sound worse when they are amped; makes them kind of muddy sounding. I don't have an amp so I don't really care about that. I also don't know if that's true with all amps or just the ones those people were using.

Jun 11, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lt.milo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the pk2's are perfect for you. check the for sale section, they may be going for cheaper.

Well, I would except I need about 30 more posts until I can do anything there.

Make that 29...
cool.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ViPeRx007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I would except I need about 30 more posts until I can do anything there.

Make that 29...
cool.gif

just PM the guy!

EDIT:
I love both my PK-2s and 3s. I use them more then my KSCs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back