Earbuds with microphone recommendations
Aug 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bway17

New Head-Fier
Need some advice on a new set of buds.  I just got the iphone 5 and want a set of buds with a microphone and 3-button remote.

I purchased beyers mmx 101, but didnt pay attention and it only has a 1 button remote; I really wanna be able to control all aspects of my phone without having to take it out of my pocket. (volume, play/pause, the whole shibang)

Also I cant use an amp because the remote buttons dont work then, so Im stuck with apple's default EQs so keep that in mind.

I like the beyers, but I feel like I need the treble EQd otherwise the highs dont really get enough detail, clarity, and separation.  But if I choose 'treble booseter', the bass becomes lifeless. Im not a basshead at all, but the music feels unbalanced.

I usually like my music flat with my grados and M50s, my triplefi10s sound better when EQd toward the low end, but the beyers sound almost tinny, a little 'mashed' up when they're not EQd.

Budget is around $100, but I can stretch it as I think Im gonna put my triplefi's up on ebay. Again, need the 3 button remote.

I have a couple of sets in mind:

Senns cx890i or 880i...not really sure the difference?

Etys ER23-HF3

I'm mostly an Indie Rock kind of guy (mumford and sons, say anything, panic at the disco, imagine dragons, avett brothers,fun, edward sharpe).  Also classic rock (steve miller, beatles, tom petty, zeppelin, acdc...) Some Country as well, with some classical sprinkled in here and there.

I like a balanced full sound, clear and detailed highs, good complimentary bass, and warm mids

It may not be possible to check off my list without amping, but hopefully I can at least be satisfied!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back