earbuds with headstage and without isolation
Mar 29, 2007 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blehmann

New Head-Fier
I have a hole in my earphone collection. I have Superfi5 pros for isolation, Senn cx300s for partial isolation, and Senn px100s and koss ksc75's that fill the portable open niche. I need earbuds that do not isolate, if only for domestic tranquility. I am pretty sure what the usual suspects are but I am not sure how the cognoscenti will rank them. I am willing to spend up to $100, which probably includes most of the usual suspects. I would be delighted if the Koss portapro buds proved to be good --- I cannot recall reading anything about them --- but i would fork over the dough for the Sony e888's or the ath cm7's if need be. I like many different types of music --- classic rock, classical music, folk, and jazz in order of frequency --- and my favorite word to define my taste in sound is headstage.

I have searched the various threads and could not find what seemed to me to be the answer to my question. Thanks in advance.

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 6
You are toying with me, Carl! The stax are a bit too rich and too unportable for me. I should note that I actually made electrostatic speakers by hand some thirty years ago but that is another tale.

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yuin PK2 if you are not using an amp.
PK1 if you are amping them.

Has anyone compared those with CM7Ti/CM700Ti?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back