Earbuds under $200
Jun 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Shermanator

New Head-Fier
My Klipsch Image S4's have recently broke. While they sounded great, they only lasted about 9 months (and I lost my packaging with warranty).

Because of this, I'm looking to spend more on earbuds in the hopes that build quality will be better, and sound quality as well.

Music I listed to:

Classic rock
New era rock
Hip hop/ rap
dubstep/house music etc.

Thanks guys!

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:
My Klipsch Image S4's have recently broke. While they sounded great, they only lasted about 9 months (and I lost my packaging with warranty).

Because of this, I'm looking to spend more on earbuds in the hopes that build quality will be better, and sound quality as well.

Music I listed to:

Classic rock
New era rock
Hip hop/ rap
dubstep/house music etc.

Thanks guys!

Are you specifically asking about buds or IEM's?

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 16
Based on your choice of music, I would highly recommend Ultimate Triple Fi 10. Been using them for the last 3 years, and still works well. I listen to a lot of hip-hop, reggae and rock. Perfectly isolating, great bass and clear vocals. You must make sure they fit well to get the most out of them, though. 

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 16
I would recommend Sennheiser omx 980. I have one pair (I have bought pair for using with my iphone 4s) and I am thinking about selling them because I don`t have time for using too much work;( ].
Very nice sounding headphones especially for rock music.

Jun 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:
Well, i'm not sure, as I do not know the difference between the two.

Care to elaborate?

IEM's are what your S4's are where they are inserted into the ear while ear buds are the ones that sit on the outside of the ear.  IEM's are better imo because of the fit and noise isolation.

The TF10 would be good but so would the GR07, EPH-100 or MG7. they all work well with the music you listed.

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 16
In that case, yes, I am looking for IEM's.

I'll look into everything mentioned ITT, thank you.

Edit: I guess another question is, how will the more expensive options mentioned compare to S4's...?

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 16
The S4 was my first decent IEM also and the more expensive ones like what I mentioned all sound much better with better clarity and detail along with a more cohesive soundstage.  If you love bass (the S4 is bass heavy) then the ones is mentioned all have good bass with the MG7 having the best quality and quantity but the EPH-100 and GR07 still have plenty.

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #10 of 16
Why spend so much????? Spend $20 on a JVC HA-FX40.

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #13 of 16
Well I really like the R-50, its balanced and very detailed with a smooth presentation and very nice soundstage.  Amazon has them for $119.99 with free shipping so they're a great deal and sound better than my TF10's imo.  The other would be the EPH-100 which has a lot of the same characteristics as the R-50 with a balanced, detailed sound signature but the one thing the EPH-100 does better than the R-50 is it has stronger bass response.  Both are excellent IEM's but I feel the R-50 is a little bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back