Earbuds (NOT IEMs) that have most powerful mid-bass/sub-bass?
Oct 11, 2009 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

musik_lover

Head-Fier
Ok I'm learning,

IEM's for me are not good. I hate them to a point I can't explain. They also bother my right ear. I just want earbud/earphones that sit in the enterance of the ear (in other words look like this):

0020490001_2665.jpg

Which earbuds out there produce the most powerful sub-bass? Let's say 40/50hz - 110/120hz?

I've heard the Yuin PK1 are great. Are they the best for what I'm looking for?

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 4
The PK1's have very nice and deep bass but you have to be patient with them. At first they don't sound as good as they should. They do benefit from long burn-in duration. They are so far the best earbuds I've heard.

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Alright so the PK1 it is... Although when I look at the frequency graph on Headroom the low end is not that high up on the graph.
Some IEM's like Monster Turbines and Skullcandy Titans have low frequencies that go up to 20 on the graph:

TITANS:
graphCompare.php

TURBINES:
graphCompare.php

Those are highly emphasized in bass but if I am correct they are IEM's right? I have to fidgit with them until they fit in my ear-canal right?

My question now is what other headphones do they compare to (non-earbud i mean) in bass and low-frequency response (in the 40-100hz range)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back