Earbuds / Inears for Ipod Shuffle
Jan 8, 2006 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

[TOM]

New Head-Fier
Hi !!

I accidently vacuum-cleaned the earbuds of my Ipod shuffle
k1000smile.gif

So I will get new ones > they should cost under 50.-€ and
will be used while jogging / exercising / relaxing in bed so they should not be to fragile.

I heard lots of people complain its lot of fumbling around to place
inears right into your ear - onher side their sound quality is better.

I would be happy to receive some comments

-about if inears of the same price-class are that much better than normal earbuds

- which products you recommend (earbuds as well as inears)

[ I would not mind them being white as aesthetics play a big role in
my life
biggrin.gif
]

PS : As I just ordered the HD 595 I can imagine another Sennheiser product ...

Thank you in advance and kin regards [TOM]

Jan 9, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 8
Give the Sony EX71 A try, they require A bit of breaking in and A decent amp (which the Shuffle seems to have) to sound their best, they can be had for around $35 on E-Bay, check out the reviews on this site.

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew3199
Give the Sony EX71 A try, they require A bit of breaking in and A decent amp (which the Shuffle seems to have) to sound their best, they can be had for around $35 on E-Bay, check out the reviews on this site.

The EX-71's are very, very fragile. Nor do they sound all that good either. In that price range, I'd look at either the Creative EP-630 or Sharp MD-33. They are both exactly the same earbuds, but depending on where you're located you might be unable to find the MD-33's. These sound better than the Sony's or Panasonics, and are built pretty well. If you are willing to stretch a bit, you can grab a pair of Shure E2's for not much more.

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 8
I just replaced my Senn MX500 with a Creative EP-630.
A search will yield many opinions on these.
Mine is as follows:
The MX500 has very nice mids and highs for a not-so-expensive earbud, but is a bit lacking in bass. Also, there's no isolation. This was very annoying for me as the museal trams I commute on are quite noisy... also, not-so-easy to drive.

EP-630: semi-canalphone, has isolation!
etysmile.gif
Was a bit strange at first, but I got used to it now; as for the microphonics, going round-the-ear helps reduce it. More bass at last, but the soundstage feels a bit narrower... IMO. The sound is quite nice. Higher sensivity, too.

Jan 9, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 8
You might want to steer clear of canalphones if you'll be using these things for jogging. First, while out and around you might want to be aware of your situation -- traffic, other people, and so on. Secondly, because of the seal these make, you can hear your footsteps whenever you walk. You might be able to get used to this (I don't jog so I can't say) or you might be ok with some of the models with less isolation (the sony ones, and others).

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the koss clip-ons. Have they fallen out of favour while I was gone?

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Thnak you all for answering
tongue.gif

[You might want to steer clear of canalphones if you'll be using these things for jogging. First, while out and around you might want to be aware of your situation -- traffic, other people, and so on.]

I run through the forest - no cars fortunatley !!

[Secondly, because of the seal these make, you can hear your footsteps whenever you walk. You might be able to get used to this (I don't jog so I can't say) or you might be ok with some of the models with less isolation (the sony ones, and others]

Thats an argument !!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the koss clip-ons. Have they fallen out of favour while I was gone?

Me to !!
biggrin.gif
You mean the KSC-75 ?? They seem to be by far the best as far my research was right . . .

Jan 10, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind
The EX-71's are very, very fragile. Nor do they sound all that good either. In that price range, I'd look at either the Creative EP-630 or Sharp MD-33. They are both exactly the same earbuds, but depending on where you're located you might be unable to find the MD-33's. These sound better than the Sony's or Panasonics, and are built pretty well. If you are willing to stretch a bit, you can grab a pair of Shure E2's for not much more.

Really!! they are not the most rugged of earphones, I agree with you on that but according to this guy and others on Head-Fi (http://www.linkwitzlab.com/reference_earphones.htm ( the original inventor of the crossfeed) they are excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back