EarBuds/IEMs with significant SQ improvement over AKG K314P
Nov 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lz1gjd

New Head-Fier
Hello,
out of the headphones listed in my signature I like AKG K312P/K314P the most. What I like about them is the pretty large soundstage, really nice mids, decent highs and not much bass impact. What would you consider a significant improvement over these for a not too much money, my budget is somewhere between 50 and 100 USD but shipping costs should be considered as I live in BULGARIA. The players that I currently own are also listed in the sig, mostly use my NWZ-S639 for the large capacity and FM radio tunner (which I quite rarely use, but still good to have).

Any recommendations will be welcome.

Thanks.

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 4
Yuin PK2, end of discusssion. Even the PK3 is much better than the K314P from my experience. If you order from head-direct.com, they will ship via DHL Express, I didn't have any problems with delivery and live in a nearby eastern european country
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 4
According to one of the reviews here the PK2s :

"Sound is balanced, fun and energetic. Details are ok, mids are forward and smooth. Bass is not deep, but punchy. Highs are fine, no hisses. It seems that very high frequencies are recessed. Probably this is the reason for sound imaging to be so-so."

(Original full review can be found here)

Which for me means that it pretty much resembles the sound of my AKG K314P earbuds. Question is are they really a huge upgrade over them one that justifies buying them considering that they cost at least three times more than the AKG offering.

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 4
Any suggestions for canalphones/IEMs with SQ huge improvement over K314P ?
I used to have K324P and did not like them at all, pretty much inferior over K314P, and yes I DO know these are different types of headphones. What I search in an IEM, if of course possible, is large soundstage, excellent instrument separation, good bass response, with nice crisp mids and smooth treble with the best PRICE/PERFORMANCE ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back