Earbuds Going Bad[Thoughts/Views]
Sep 20, 2017 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

whitemass

Previously known as ahnvx
So as I've delved more into audio and proceeded to try out more of the market out In-Ears to Earbuds, Earbuds have really posed a question to me,

Earbuds like the VE Monk, & others.
Can Earbuds truly last you as long as headphones?
I've always heard the old folk tales of people having headphones for ages, ten years plus.
My question to you guys is this, can HiFi or better quality Earbuds like the VE Monk last as long as headphones, & IEMs if properly taken care of?

I hear some people saying they can, but I'd like some other views on this as I've heard of people killing theirs in two years max.

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 4
I've never used any quality earbuds but provided their drivers aren't crap, they should survive for a long time depending on how you take care of them. If you want them to last, they should last. People just tend to treat their IEMs like crap and expect them to survive

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I've worn my IEM for a few years now and they've held up well. I like Shure. Great quality and great customer service. My dog has chewed up one of the ears before and they sent a replacement for a fraction of the cost. Just be mindful you may need to change the ear pieces from time to time.

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 4
I've never used any quality earbuds but provided their drivers aren't crap, they should survive for a long time depending on how you take care of them. If you want them to last, they should last. People just tend to treat their IEMs like crap and expect them to survive
I do agree with you on this, especially people who buy budget IEMs, even though China has gotten better people still thrash IEMs around which I've never understood, I think it's all something to do with just management and taking care of them.

I've worn my IEM for a few years now and they've held up well. I like Shure. Great quality and great customer service. My dog has chewed up one of the ears before and they sent a replacement for a fraction of the cost. Just be mindful you may need to change the ear pieces from time to time.
I've never heard a thing about changing out the tips though I change mine regularly. At least that is, I mainly use silicon.
I could imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back