Earbuds for sleeping and normal everyday use?
Oct 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JeffJeffery

New Head-Fier
I sleep with ear buds and use them while walking to class and playing sports.  I am getting tired of buying headphones every 6 months because the cable sorts out and I cant hear in one ear.  I am looking for some ear buds that can take a beating.  Sound quality is not my top priority (I have a over ear pair for that), I am mostly looking for something that will be comfortable to sleep in and can take abuse.  I don't want the like in ear canal type, just ones like they give you when you buy an iPod.  My budget is cheap hopefully under $15 but would go up to $25 if you can guarantee they will last a couple of years with everyday abuse.  I have used the JVC gummy ear buds and have had them last 3-6 months depending on amount of use.  I had my iPod original ear buds for a year.  And most recently got a few pairs of Sony Fontopia. These were definitely my favorite in sound quality and durability (lasted me a year each).  The most comfortable were the iPod originals.  Any recommendations?  Is there a way I could repair my old Sonys?  Like cut the wire and attach a new cable?  Prolly wouldn't be a good fix, but idk.  Would getting those sport headphones work? or would they be hard to sleep in and be a problem holding in my ears and wrapping myself with the cord.  I just need help.  I'm sick of buying new headphones just because the dumb wire breaks in the same spot.

Thanks for any help.

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 3
i found a pair of stock ibuds not the newest ones for 5s but the one before that
on ebay

7 bucks free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Apple-Ipod-earphones-Genuine-ORIGINAL-US-/181231717678?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2a32408d2e

p.s. that wall of text dough >.>

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #3 of 3
I bought cx300 II two years ago for connecting with ipod. I use them while going to sleep on a daily basis. They have been working well so far. There are signs of wear. But I am ok with these phones. I would say, go for a cheaper pair (less than 50$).

p.s: I go for new pair of earphones, if the cables are detached or earphones stop working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back