Earbuds for on the go, music and phone calls
Feb 4, 2016 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

maddangerous

New Head-Fier
Good evening Head-Fi
I'm looking for a set of in ear headphones, preferably with a mic inline, that I can use. Budget is around $50-$60 USD, and if you give a convincing argument to go a little higher ($75-80ish tops?) then I might consider spending a little bit more than that.

I mostly listen to heavy metal (Born of osiris, lamb of god, periphery, the contortionist, tesseract, mudvayne) but I also listen to electronic music (Armin van buuren, infected mushroom, diplo, deadmau5, alunageorge, zhu, disclosure), rock/alternative (incubus, mgmt, breaking benjamin, audioslave, chevelle) and little bit of everything else except country, which happens rarely.

I use my LG G3 primarily, and use just google play music for my library now, as I haven't looked for another music player yet. Nearly all of my audio files are 320kbps, very few are below that. I currently don't have the storage space or time to re-rip my entire collection into FLAC, and currently am not sure I will.

I'll probably use my skullcandy headphones that this set will be replacing at the gym so no worries there, but definitely will use whatever set I get everywhere else.

I don't have a preference between dynamic driver, or balanced armature, but I really don't know the difference in terms or audio (read: never used balanced armature), but I understand the basics of the difference between the two.

I would like clear audio, and don't need super crazy bass for the electronica, but would like to know it is there, Also, some of the bass drops go pretty low, where my current headphones (and car speakers sadly) will lose the frequency essentially, and I won't really be able to hear it. I can order from amazon, newegg, and can go to microcenter to pick these up.

This is what I was looking at:
Meeaudio M6 Pro
Meeaudio A151P

I do really like the wires that you pull up over and behind your ear, but that isn't necessarily a requirement.
Had these once, returned them because of the incompatibility with android:

Klipsch R6i

Loved the sound of them though.

Also, with the MMCX cables, what kind of  benefit does that get me, aside from easy cable replacement (I do seem to break cables a lot...) and switching between a cable with an in-line mic, and one without?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #4 of 8
  Good evening Head-Fi

I'm looking for a set of in ear headphones, preferably with a mic inline, that I can use. Budget is around $50-$60 USD, and if you give a convincing argument to go a little higher ($75-80ish tops?) then I might consider spending a little bit more than that.

I mostly listen to heavy metal (Born of osiris, lamb of god, periphery, the contortionist, tesseract, mudvayne) but I also listen to electronic music (Armin van buuren, infected mushroom, diplo, deadmau5, alunageorge, zhu, disclosure), rock/alternative (incubus, mgmt, breaking benjamin, audioslave, chevelle) and little bit of everything else except country, which happens rarely.

I use my LG G3 primarily, and use just google play music for my library now, as I haven't looked for another music player yet. Nearly all of my audio files are 320kbps, very few are below that. I currently don't have the storage space or time to re-rip my entire collection into FLAC, and currently am not sure I will.

I'll probably use my skullcandy headphones that this set will be replacing at the gym so no worries there, but definitely will use whatever set I get everywhere else.

I don't have a preference between dynamic driver, or balanced armature, but I really don't know the difference in terms or audio (read: never used balanced armature), but I understand the basics of the difference between the two.

I would like clear audio, and don't need super crazy bass for the electronica, but would like to know it is there, Also, some of the bass drops go pretty low, where my current headphones (and car speakers sadly) will lose the frequency essentially, and I won't really be able to hear it.

I can order from amazon, newegg, and can go to microcenter to pick these up.

This is what I was looking at:

Meeaudio M6 Pro
Meeaudio A151P

I do really like the wires that you pull up over and behind your ear, but that isn't necessarily a requirement.

Had these once, returned them because of the incompatibility with android:

Klipsch R6i

Loved the sound of them though.

I also saw something under head gear (I can't post links yet) about Easy Earphone UE Custom Hybrid, and that seems kind of neat. Any thoughts on this?

Also, with the MMCX cables, what kind of  benefit does that get me, aside from easy cable replacement (I do seem to break cables a lot...) and switching between a cable with an in-line mic, and one without?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure exactly where pricing is right now, but sometimes it gets into the sub-$80 range, so you should check. I am referring to the SoundMAGIC E80. A very nice set of IEMs for the money. You should look into them.

Feb 8, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 8
Not sure exactly where pricing is right now, but sometimes it gets into the sub-$80 range, so you should check. I am referring to the SoundMAGIC E80. A very nice set of IEMs for the money. You should look into them.

Pricing is pretty nice right now, around $50. I'll be looking at the E80s model, thank you!

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 8
I found these a few days ago:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/easy-earphone-ue-custom-original-hybrid

They seem interesting. I like that they are hybrid, I'm interested in having 2 types of drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back