Earbud target curve tests
Jan 13, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #227 of 318
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #228 of 318
Koss KSC75's are earbuds, right?

I just noticed that on 18th December Oratory1990 published measurements of KSC75 along with customizable parametric EQ settings for obtaining the Harman Over-Ear target. I tried them and love the sound so far! Highly recommended to check his eq presets for other headphones as well if you are not familliar with this.

Just kidding. But I thought the above might be of interest (since a lot of us do love the ksc75's)

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #229 of 318
Jan 14, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #230 of 318
Koss "PLUG" earphones are one of the strangest models to date and the name describes them well.
This model KE10 reminds me a lot of Panasonic RP-HV094GU.
I wonder how soft they are? maybe pliable to a certain degree? Sorry for your shipping cost woes, @furyossa. I can't believe the premium you have to pay for some of those items you posted a picture of.

I consider myself very lucky:

1610643223326.png

Jan 14, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #231 of 318
I wonder how soft they are? maybe pliable to a certain degree? Sorry for your shipping cost woes, @furyossa. I can't believe the premium you have to pay for some of those items you posted a picture of.

I consider myself very lucky:

1610643223326.png
That's why I don't buy new buds from Ali anymore. It's the same story for DIY parts, and that's my biggest problem right now. :sweat_smile:
Here and there I buy some model locally, just to play around. But the best purchase this year is definitely Superlux HD381 lineup.
After this magnificent series I am in constant search for "old-school" gems. I feel like Indiana Jones :grinning:

Jan 18, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #233 of 318
After a lot of tweaking with wavelet settings and finally listening to my music loud enough (oops), I have to say I finally get all the hype behind the eq on the datura pros. I feel a bit silly complaining about vocals when I honestly shouldve turned up the volume. Anyhow, in addition to the running the bass 1.5 file I've set:
-bass boost: 30%
-reverberation: large room
-bass tuner: natural, 100hz, 3db gain

Along with dts:x 3d surround on my phone set to wide, it's a fun setup for pop music. I honestly still find it hard to believe these buds are <$30!

Jan 18, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #234 of 318
After a lot of tweaking with wavelet settings and finally listening to my music loud enough (oops), I have to say I finally get all the hype behind the eq on the datura pros. I feel a bit silly complaining about vocals when I honestly shouldve turned up the volume. Anyhow, in addition to the running the bass 1.5 file I've set:

Along with dts:x 3d surround on my phone set to wide, it's a fun setup for pop music. I honestly still find it hard to believe these buds are <$30!
So you don't like it? :wink:

Jan 18, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #235 of 318

Interesting, I haven't played with the premium settings in a long time, though I've had a license from the first day I downloaded wavelet.

Just tried your settings out. It's a bit overwhelming (in a good way.) Gonna take some brain burn in to understand what on earth is going on. LOL. Definitely adds a considerable amount of fun to the sound, without any drawbacks that I can hear so far.

For users curious about settings @mtl171 posted, they are available with the premium version of wavelet. The reverb feature also requires running wavelet with legacy mode turned off (which can be a problem for some android devices that require legacy mode on for audio stability.) One more note: the bass boost function will lower overall gain to make headroom for the bass enhancements. "Bass tuner" does not add headroom and is targeted to the frequency you target via the slider. Wavelet's bass tuner is excellent, right up there with good hardware bass boosts (ie. oppo ha2 and ifi's bass boost switch), very clean implementation.

**edit**
I've mentioned, time to time, how the wavelet implementation of the compensation files posted here generally sound better than the other eq settings. One of the reasons has to do with some of these premium features. I use the bass tuner quite often. The eq strength in wavelet also is really helpful as well. The combination of these (and other) wavelet features really establish wavelet as a really, really effective approach to shaping sound on android devices.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #236 of 318
So you don't like it? :wink:
It still annoys me how good they sound for the price. I keep drifting back torward IEMs as I find the fit to be a bit more comfortable but UGH the price to sound ratio for these buds is too darn good πŸ˜…

Interesting, I haven't played with the premium settings in a long time, though I've had a license from the first day I downloaded wavelet.

Just tried your settings out. It's a bit overwhelming (in a good way.) Gonna take some brain burn in to understand what on earth is going on. LOL. Definitely adds a considerable amount of fun to the sound, without any drawbacks that I can hear so far.

For users curious about settings @mtl171 posted, they are available with the premium version of wavelet. The reverb feature also requires running wavelet with legacy mode turned off (which can be a problem for some android devices that require legacy mode on for audio stability.) One more note: the bass boost function will lower overall gain to make headroom for the bass enhancements. "Bass tuner" does not add headroom and is targeted to the frequency you target via the slider. Wavelet's bass tuner is excellent, right up there with good hardware bass boosts (ie. oppo ha2 and ifi's bass boost switch), very clean implementation.

**edit**
I've mentioned, time to time, how the wavelet implementation of the compensation files posted here generally sound better than the other eq settings. One of the reasons has to do with some of these premium features. I use the bass tuner quite often. The eq strength in wavelet also is really helpful as well. The combination of these (and other) wavelet features really establish wavelet as a really, really effective approach to shaping sound on android devices.
It’s definitely some settings I came about when trying to come with something more extreme to show to friends (reminds of Vmoda wide Vshaped house sound). It’s hardly accurate at all but it makes me smile at just how ridiculous it sounds in a fun way.
The bass tuner is surprisingly handy in preventing toooo much bleed. I am kind of surprised to hear wavelet lowers the gain with bass boost, though that makes a lot of sense. Wavelet just makes things too easy, even going as far as associating impedance to settings. How do you adjust the EQ strength in wavelet? I feel like I found the setting once then completely forgot.

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #237 of 318
It still annoys me how good they sound for the price. I keep drifting back torward IEMs as I find the fit to be a bit more comfortable but UGH the price to sound ratio for these buds is too darn good πŸ˜…
That's what I want to hear. I began to suspect that we were all going crazy talking about it almost every day. 😁
I hope you realize now that this is not a hype, simply this model is surprisingly good :ok_hand:

Jan 18, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #238 of 318
How do you adjust the EQ strength in wavelet? I feel like I found the setting once then completely forgot.

click on the compensation curve and it opens a slider to set eq strength. I'm typically in the range of 50% to 75%, though on the Datura Pro I run it at 100%. Pretty much just the Datura Pro and Fiio EM5 is set at 100%. Everthing else is adjusted.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #239 of 318
click on the compensation curve and it opens a slider to set eq strength. I'm typically in the range of 50% to 75%, though on the Datura Pro I run it at 100%. Pretty much just the Datura Pro and Fiio EM5 is set at 100%. Everthing else is adjusted.
Even in wavelet works well at 100%? I EqAPO/Peace works at least for my taste the best at 100%

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #240 of 318
I was fooled by the high level of your English. By the way, I'm still working through your PM to me. It is filled with a lot of deep, high-quality insights. Not an easy read, even for English-speaking native.
I will answer here because mr. @wskl don't agree with non-earbuds topics :)
Google translate doesn't translate well from Serbian to English and vice versa, so I have to do my best.
So I compare it to EQ because it can help at least a little bit, but not like EQ helps DaturaPro :grin:
I learned English using a lot of software for my job, which are of course in English, and literally Windows, Android is always set up in English.
I watch a lot of movies, I understand English very well, but conversation and writing is a big problem for me because I never learned English at school.:sweat:

I also forgot about PM. Not only that, but I thought you didn't have time to answer, and I didn't want to burden you further with that. There was something about the coupler, right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back