Earbud target curve tests
Oct 6, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #16 of 318
Revised v11 target

sam v11 vs oratory vs harman.jpg

K's nameless PEQ file for peace and wavelet file added.

** edit **
I'm running the wavelet at 75%. If you use the peq in peace you might consider pressing "compress" once or twice.

peace compress.png

Attachments

• k_s nameless ParametricEQ sam v11.txt
    468 bytes · Views: 0
  • k_s nameless sam v11.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #17 of 318
v11 for nameless files just above this post. "k_s nameless sam v11.txt" is the wavelet file.

oh my, the bass! I'm not a basshead, so my inclination is to lower the bass significantly for v12. I'll likely leave it for now so those of us that really appreciate good bass can try v.11 out. For myself, I'll drop things via eq -2 to -3dB in the bass region.

Overall, a step in the right direction!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #19 of 318
Where i can found that model ? Is it K's Earphon Nameless ? But where i can see v.11 model ?
Thanks.
This is a compensation file for K's Earphone Nameless. You use it in wavelet app for android or the parametric eq file can be imported into peace front-end for apo equalizer.

Oct 6, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #20 of 318
v.11 Monk plus

monk plus v11 sam.txt = wavelet file
other one is peq for peace/apo equalizer

I'm running the wavelet file at 75% eq strength. YMMV.

Attachments

• monk plus v11 parametric.txt
    324 bytes · Views: 0
  • monk plus v11 sam.txt
Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #21 of 318
v.11 target files for Rambo 2

I'm running this at 50% eq strength. YMMV

Attachments

• isn rambo 2 v11 parametric.txt
    373 bytes · Views: 0
  • isn rambo 2 v11 sam.txt
Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #22 of 318
last one for tonight...

v.11 target curve for Monk Lite 120 ohm.

I didn't test these out before posting, so let me know if it works. I wouldn't be surprised if the bass is a bit overwhelming. This seems to be the pattern with the other files I posted tonight. Such is the nature of eq tweaking -- give and take. For now, if the low end is too much, the wavelet "bass reduction" graphics eq is a good one to use.

good night!

Attachments

• ve monk lite 120 ParametricEQ sam v11.txt
    420 bytes · Views: 0
  • ve monk lite 120 v11 sam.txt
Oct 6, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #23 of 318
You've been busy! Great idea creating a separate thread for this.

added v11 target curve for Namesless here (peq file and wavelet files)

** edit **
@RikudouGoku timbre is much improved with this version. Just an update. I wouldn't quite recommend it for you, since it's a bit of work to get it in neutron player. I'll keep you posted as things improve. I already have ideas for v12 but will hold off until I get files generated for other buds models.

Fwiw I am listening to nuetron, and wavelet seems to be working well for me (on top of neutron).

v11 for nameless files just above this post. "k_s nameless sam v11.txt" is the wavelet file.

oh my, the bass! I'm not a basshead, so my inclination is to lower the bass significantly for v12. I'll likely leave it for now so those of us that really appreciate good bass can try v.11 out. For myself, I'll drop things via eq -2 to -3dB in the bass region.

Overall, a step in the right direction!

Sounds great. But I like the original as well :)

Oct 6, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #24 of 318
You've been busy! Great idea creating a separate thread for this.

Fwiw I am listening to nuetron, and wavelet seems to be working well for me (on top of neutron).

Sounds great. But I like the original as well :)
Ah, I'm guessing you have a strong appreciation for bass?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #25 of 318
Oct 7, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #26 of 318
v1.3 target curve for K's Nameless

** edit **
I'm running the wavelet file at 75% eq strength on a note 10. Moved away from my LG v60 since I am assuming people will use my files on an android device with out a quad dac built in.

Another observation with this new target. The bass is still pronounced at near "basshead" levels. This, despite lowering the sub-bass and bass regions significantly from the original oratory1990 and Harman targets.

I think I'll leave it in v1.4 but I suggest for those who prefer more neutral tonality to lower the bass several dB. The bass tuner option in wavelet is excellent as it targets things very specifically and also has 3 filters to employ.

Attachments

• k_s nameless ParametricEQ.txt
    422 bytes · Views: 0
  • k_s nameless sam v1.3.txt
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #27 of 318
Trying out v1.3. Thanks!

Oct 13, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #28 of 318
v1.4

sam target 1.4 vs 1.3.jpg

With v1.4, I decided to prioritize clarity across the spectrum. At @Nool 's suggestion, I went with less treble roll off with the hope that sound stage will improve. I'm also completely removing the bass rise (for clarity's sake.) I also figure if users want more base, they can put that in via eq. The bass tuner in wavelet is excellent.

There's less distortion with this release too. If you use the peq file, the preamp value is -7dB.

Attachments

• ve monk 120 Parametric v1.4 sam.txt
    518 bytes · Views: 0
  • ve monk 120 sam v1.4.txt
Oct 13, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #29 of 318
By the way, I've had to clear the wavelet storage and data cache. All the importing caused a bug where I could no longer see my most recent import file. Clearing the app cache took care of things.

Oct 13, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #30 of 318
v1.4

sam target 1.4 vs 1.3.jpg

With v1.4, I decided to prioritize clarity across the spectrum. At @Nool 's suggestion, I went with less treble roll off with the hope that sound stage will improve. I'm also completely removing the bass rise (for clarity's sake.) I also figure if users want more base, they can put that in via eq. The bass tuner in wavelet is excellent.

There's less distortion with this release too. If you use the peq file, the preamp value is -7dB.
Appreciate the increased clarity here. Also noticed the mids are less shouty on some tracks (not that v1.3 is, was just comparing the two at a higher volume), probably due to the less treble roll-off. Sound stage is better too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back