Earbud Style Headphones - Need Help / Suggestions
Mar 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

malibumike

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I just recently purchased Audio Technica ATH-CM707 earbuds, and find them a bit harsh sounding (treble is almost shrilling).  I'm wondering if this will go away after time?

I've been looking for bud style earbuds to use for work, and was wondering If I should be looking for something else.  I notice the yuin pk1 is a well liked....are these still the best for this style earbud?  I can't wear iem b/c they bother me.  Any  suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Note - The source gear I will be using is fiio e17 dac connected to a pc, and fiio x3 dap.

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks, unfortunately I don't like the in ear style, uncomfortable for me. Looking for bud style that sets in your ear like the above mentioned yuin model. Any other suggestions?

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 5
I actually have seen that one. It's where I found the CM707's. I guess I went with the audio-technica's b/c I just purchased m50x last week...So I wanted matching brands for whatever reason. I've been "burning them in" a bit, and the shrills seem to have calmed down (or maybe my ears are getting use to them).

I do still wonder how much better some of the others would be compared to what I have. If the difference is negligible for this style of earbud, maybe i'm chasing a unicorn? I also feel like the CM707 are probably built better given the nice aluminum housing.

Another quick question, I want to completely sheathe whichever headphones cord that I end up with. Any suggestions for that? The cord is pretty thin, I want to encase it and make it tangle resistant / free.

Thanks again for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back