Earbud size - Senn MX580 & Yuin PK3?
Jan 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

roark37

Head-Fier
Hi, I am considering getting a better pair of earbuds as iem/canal style is just too uncomfortable for me.  The main two I am considering are the Sennheiser MX580 & Yuin Pk3.  But are both of those roughly the same size?  From the pictures they both look big especially the MX580.  The only earbuds I have are what came with my Sony Walkman but I was not sure if they all are the same size as these two seem much bigger.  I also looked at pictures of Sony MDRE10LP and those seemed much smaller too.  I don't want anything too big that will be uncomfortable.  Has anyone run into problems like that with the MX580 or PK3?  Thanks.

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 3
All earbuds are going to be generally the same size. They have to be big enough to sit in your ear and provide good sound, and sometimes that means also being uncomfortable for certain people. You can check the driver size in the specifications for the earbuds, that usually gives a good idea of how large the housing is going to be relative to another earbud.

And in terms of sound quality alone, I would recommend the Blox M2C over the PK3 or MX580.

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 3
The MX580 is actually a bit on the small size. It comes with two adapters to increase the circumferance if need. I don't use them. If you have small ears though, you might want to go with the MX581 instead. The Sennheiser earbuds with a model number ending in 1 are made for those with smaller ears. The MX581 sounds a bit different than the MX580. Not worse, just different. I have the MX580 and love it. It sounds very natural and neutral. I do like my Sony E888 better though. Be careful though, as there are many E888 fakes. There may also be MX580 fakes, so buy the earbuds only from a high volume reliable dealer.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/511784/review-sennheiser-mx580-mx581-fraternal-twins-equally-fabulous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back