Earbud Recommendations for Rock Music
Sep 17, 2018 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mustang Martigan

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to replace the pair of iPhone earbuds that just broke on me. I have an Android.. I was just using the earbuds that come with the iPhone because for one, I had a pair lying around (they were free), two, I like their sound and three, I'm not a fan or IEM's.

It seems like almost every pair of headphones that aren't the big, over the ear types are IEMs. Are there any quality earbuds in the $20-30 range? Suggestions would be much appreciated.

I've been forced to use my backup pair of headphones, which are a $20 IEM Brainwavz. The mic doesn't even work with my Android LG G5 for phone calls. They sound decent, but I hate pushing the IEM's in my ear, and then having to take them out and unplug them to answer a call is a hassle and a half.

A new pair of earbuds that take Android calls and sound cool with Rock would be awesome!

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 9
Check out the Ty hi-z earbuds. Probably on ebay. I use them for running and rock n roll. The VE Monk plus are popular also, but I prefer the darker sound of the hi-z

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #8 of 9
Sorry, I did not see you used an LG. I am not actually sure if the P180 works with LG's. It works on apple and android devices, I do know that. Sorry I do not know more for you. :frowning2:

The P180 description lists brands and leaves out LG. I'm guessing that means it ain't compatible. I have a pair of Brainwavz IEM's. Their description just said Android compatible, but the Mic doesn't work with my LG. Although u can hear the caller and the volume, as well as the play/pause buttons work.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #9 of 9
The P180 description lists brands and leaves out LG. I'm guessing that means it ain't compatible. I have a pair of Brainwavz IEM's. Their description just said Android compatible, but the Mic doesn't work with my LG. Although u can hear the caller and the volume, as well as the play/pause buttons work.
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it is incompatible. Bummer. It is a nice little bud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back