Earbud choice
Nov 17, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #16 of 24
IBasso IT01’s are a good choice at $99. Kinda on the fun side as they are a bit bassy and the highs are not too hot but the mids just lack a bit but not too much pretty good performer for the price .Same MMCX cable as the Shure .

Like said above it's the price think the reason I asked about the Bose is their way under and around a reasonable price for him, he just wont spend that kind of cheddar on earbuds like I would. Thank you for the reply though.

Thanks,
Jacob

Nov 17, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #18 of 24
Sorry didn’t read enough. For $12 the KZ ATE are a bit above Apple earbuds and very reliable. The **** UE’s are another for about $20 and with a MMCX replaceable cable but with a wait as the come from China but not bad for 20 bucks. The KZ ZS10 for around $50 is also very good.

Nov 17, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #19 of 24
If you decide you want to save a bit before you buy, you should look at a picture of an Etymotic HF-3 ($119 new; there is one currently on ebay for $77). This IEM would do well for your cauliflower ear situation.

Nov 17, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #20 of 24
Thanks for the responses guys, @VAS07 I'm paying special attention to this part of your advice-

Next you have to buy one item say below $100 range. Use it carefully and show your parents you care and you can keep things in good condition for long.

I've done this before with my airsoft setup and to put all that together it took me a collective 4 years and I avidly collect coins but I just look for those not much buying there besides going to the bank for rolls and I built my mountain bike from the ground up with buying spare parts. Since finals are this week and I'm going to ace them all, well probably a B in Chemistry but I'll use that as good news as I slowly build it up. I think I'll be able to buy them soon. And I keep all of my items well maintained and clean (besides my room) :beyersmile: I'm a tad rough on my bike but that's because I ride well, plus I'm responsible I have a job I workout I play football, wrestling, rugby, and I keep good grades so I think my parents are starting to realize and appreciate that especially since most of the kids I know are well not so active and dont have much work drive.

Buke9 and serman005 thanks for the suggestions, Buke9 the KZ ZS10 is appealing to my brother and I'd about his price I think he decided on that. serman005 in the event the Shures dont work for me due to my condition somehow those look like they would be a perfect fit especially if I got smaller foam tips. Thanks everyone.

Thanks,
Jacob

Nov 18, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #21 of 24
Hi @Jacobguy,

Apologies for the delay in reply, real life has been busy.

Anyway, you were asking for potential places to buy IEMs / earbuds, penonaudio.com is perhaps the one many on Headfi use for a lot of Asian/China brands otherwise some companies sell direct to customers as well.
Hopefully the Shures work for you otherwise you or your brother can try Lypertek Mevi which for active use would suit as well.

Hope you have a great day !

Nov 19, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #23 of 24
Not a problem the ZS10 is a solid earphone with good bass and detail.

Nov 19, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #24 of 24
Haha, I knew that was fast guys but their ordered! The Shure SE215'S will be in my possession January 2nd. I have multiple more questions so I'll be posting those soon. Thanks again guys. EDIT: just saw your post Buke9 if I need a less expensive alternative for various things I'll certainly look into those.

Thanks,
Jacob

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back