earbud cases
Apr 13, 2009 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pursuant

New Head-Fier
I have seen multiple posts on cases but mostly they come from a few years ago.So I thought I'd try for some information from this year.
I am purchasing a pair PK3s and wanted a soft case that I can slip in my pocket without the big bulge. I have been to a couple of sites ( Head Direct, Amazon etc.)but haven't found what I am looking for. Does anyone have suggestion on where I might find something?

Thanks

Apr 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by pursuant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen multiple posts on cases but mostly they come from a few years ago.So I thought I'd try for some information from this year.
I am purchasing a pair PK3s and wanted a soft case that I can slip in my pocket without the big bulge. I have been to a couple of sites ( Head Direct, Amazon etc.)but haven't found what I am looking for. Does anyone have suggestion on where I might find something?

Thanks

Etymotic Research wants a big $4 for the case that it supplies with the ER6i:

Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER-6i Accessories

Alternatively, if you've got an Office Depot or Staples near you, there's the little soft cases they sell for thumb drives. That might fit the bill.

Apr 13, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #4 of 8
The Etymotic case came up in my mind as well, but IMO, softcases are just not reliable enough when it comes to protecting earphones. You might as well carry it w/o one. On the other hand, Shure's hardshell case provide fantastic protection and portability.

Apr 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Etymotic case came up in my mind as well, but IMO, softcases are just not reliable enough when it comes to protecting earphones. You might as well carry it w/o one. On the other hand, Shure's hardshell case provide fantastic protection and portability.

I should have thought of the Shure case, as I have one of those too. However, the OP asked about soft cases, so that's why I suggested the Ety case. There was a specific requirement to "avoid the big bulge."

As to whether a soft case is up to the task, I suppose that's a function of just how rough one is planning to be on one's earphones. Speaking as someone who's just purchased the ER6i, the soft case will do me fine. If the OP plans to sit on his/her Yuins or otherwise treat them harshly, maybe he/she ought to go for the Shure case, big bulge and all.

Apr 13, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #7 of 8
Aha! I have the exact requirement, soft and low-profile.

I too had an er6 pouch but after losing it, I went into Best Buys looking for one, and merde! they only sell like mini-backpacks, maybe thinking if they give u more, ur compelled to pay for it! Except, I DON'T WANT MORE!

Bingo, saw THIS on eBay, got it and am happy. It's basically the shape of a folding envelope, a pair of springly pieces keep the lip close but it's got no zipper or velcro. Fits great in my pocket wo the bulged feeling. Throw away the cheapy phones or save it for a rainy day. The texture is of a of soft wetsuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back