Ear tip recommendations for empire ears legend EVO
Feb 4, 2022 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Clay49

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks, well, I’m officially sucked down into this bottomless pit of high end audio now… Thanks for that!

I have acquired a set of empire ears legend EVO and I like the stock ear tips pretty well, But was wondering if there might be something out there that would provide better seal or better low frequency response?

I am using a KA KANN Alpha DAP, and actually have a silver dragon moon audio cable in route to me as I type.

Many thanks!

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 6
Hmmm… just searched their site and it appears that they do not have tips for the Legend EVO..bummer
Yep. Apparently, the Empire Ears Legend EVO depend on bone conduction around the ear, so foam tips are not recommended.

Aug 14, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 6
Same as you
Here's my tested tips
1,alza light short
2,alza black short
3,jvc fx10
4,aet08

Ps
All form tips change the sound, don't use them

Aug 17, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 6
I don’t have your specific IEMs, but my go-to tips for taming the highs a bit (generally bringing up the lower frequencies) are the Final Audio Type E tips. They go on all of my IEMs that don’t need a wider bore for the sake of tuning. They insert easily (unless your ears stay unusually dry) and stay in well. The silicone is grippy without being sticky.

It’s worth mentioning that you get the 5-pack of assorted sizes when you buy the Final E500 for $25. If you’re confident in your size, you can get a 3-pair pack (same size) for around $15 if you don’t go through Amazon. I’ve had good experiences with Audio46 (first Google hit when searching for the tips).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back