ear problem?
Apr 3, 2004 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheMuffinMan_01

500+ Head-Fier
i just got a bad high pitched squealing in my left ear... it came out of no where, sometimes i get these things really temperarily but this has been going on for a few minutes... i haven't been listening to loud music or anything... it was completely random... anyone have anything to say?

Apr 3, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Might be ringing in your ear, a.k.a. tinnitus. It will often sound like a high-pitched tone. It can be caused by a lot of things, like hearing damage, too much caffeine intake, an ear infection, or just sinus congestion. If you feel concerned about it then see a doctor, since it can be any number of things, some serious, that are causing it.

Apr 3, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 6
or it could be allergies.

this week has been a royal pain; literally. I have not been able to listen to music all week. I wake up with headaches, watery eyes, have pain behind my eyeballs (a sure sign that it is allergies), and I have been too psychically sensitive. It's time to cut back on shaking hands with people - I am detecting a lot of hate and anger in people.

When was the last time you saw a dentist? A molar cavity can give you the same symptom.

Apr 3, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

i just got a bad high pitched squealing in my left ear...

me too but it is the wife telling me to get off the computer and spend some time with her !
very_evil_smiley.gif

Could be any number of things ,most nothing to worry about unless the problem persisits over time

a temporary thing could just come down to earway and water from the shower , allergies as mentioned ,short term exposure to a loud sound-not always about loud music but real world sounds can get loud too !

Apr 3, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 6
Maybe you could get your ears cleaned? Seriously, whenever I hear ringing, I clean my ears and there's no more noise. Earwax could be the problem.

Apr 3, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 6
I agree with OB; it most probably is ear wax buildup. A good $10 ear wax wash from the local pharmacy may help. Don't use the type with the bulbs, though, as you may create too much water pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back