Ear Muffs for ambient noise cancellation with IEM's.
Oct 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Audiophile1811

500+ Head-Fier
Hi. Does anyone use a pair of noise cancelling ear muffs (not headphones) for music listening with IEM's? I've been having a hard time trying to cancel out all the ambient noise in my house and I was curious if this would be a good solution. I just really need to know if there are any ear muffs with deep cups that can accommodate my ears and a large IEM like the Monster Turbines I use which stick out further than my ear. If anyone has any advice or would like to share their experience with ear muffs please respond. Thanks.  

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi. Does anyone use a pair of noise cancelling ear muffs (not headphones) for music listening with IEM's? I've been having a hard time trying to cancel out all the ambient noise in my house and I was curious if this would be a good solution. I just really need to know if there are any ear muffs with deep cups that can accommodate my ears and a large IEM like the Monster Turbines I use which stick out further than my ear. If anyone has any advice or would like to share their experience with ear muffs please respond. Thanks.  

sounds like it's time for closed over-ear can time for you.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Heya,

Yes it works. Lotta people do that, who work outside. I know a few who just put on drummer headphones that are just there to provide passive isolation, but wear IEM's under neath. While mowing.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back