EAR-impressions
Aug 21, 2007 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Claus-DK

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi all
Thursday I am going to have impressions made of my ears..

I have a custom piece made with closed jaw, but I am not satisfied with the seal I get from those it breaks much to easy..
blink.gif

So I have studied a lot of pages, on how to make the impressions as good as possible...

And most of the companies recommend to have the jaw open, but how open is that ??? all the way ?? or just sligthly opend ??

My common sense tells me that I schould have the jaw "in resting position"..

Any ideas thougths on this subject ??

Aug 22, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all
Thursday I am going to have impressions made of my ears..

I have a custom piece made with closed jaw, but I am not satisfied with the seal I get from those it breaks much to easy..
blink.gif

So I have studied a lot of pages, on how to make the impressions as good as possible...

And most of the companies recommend to have the jaw open, but how open is that ??? all the way ?? or just sligthly opend ??

My common sense tells me that I schould have the jaw "in resting position"..

Any ideas thougths on this subject ??

I believe open jawed with a bite block is the way to go.

I had my impressions done a few days ago and i asked for them to be done open jawed. The audioligist really knew what he was taking about and even used 2 seperate bite blocks, one in the right side of my mouth while he done that ear then when he removed that impression he repeated it with the left ear. usually its only done with 1 bite block and both impressions at the same time.

I thought that this might not give an accurate result but he assured me it was better and after reading through a few more threads here this seems to be a very effective way of doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back