Ear cup sizes? HyperX Cloud 2 / Alpha/ Alpha S
Apr 3, 2020 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MrBIue

New Head-Fier
I Recently bought some Audio Technicas and I was so excited... I had always read reviews and I finally felt like it was time. I do not have big ears they are pretty average, but man was I let down immediately after seeing them. I could tell they were going to press my ears. I was right. I can not wear these more than 30 without wanting to continously adjust them and after 1 hour there is considerable pain but the cushions are soft so I can hold them, but after 2-3 hours it gets to the point where I have to take them off. I previously had Logitech G430s and they were SUPER spacious. I never noticed them other than the lacking quality in sound. I think if the m20x were a little bigger on the inner ear cup hole size by a bit, maybe a little ticker cushions they would have been perfect.

The ATH m20x dimensions:
Outer Height: 10 cm ~
Outer Width: 8.25 cm ~

Inner Height: 5.6 cm ~ <-- This needs to be at least 6.5 cm~
Inner Width: 3.8 cm~ <-- Maybe at 4.3-4.5 cm~

Cushion Depth: 1.8 cm ~ <----- Maybe like 2.5 cm~
Cushion Width Thickness: 2.5 cm~

I look forward to learning more about audio and audio equipment, I'm so glad I found this community! So excited to be here!
Thanks all for the help!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 4
Hey man! do you have a specific question? Sucks to hear that you're not happy with your headphones. I'm thinking you would probably get more replies if you presented a clear question. Seems to me that you've presented a problem, but I'm not sure what kind of help you're expecting. Just saying that to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back