Ear concern
Jan 2, 2024 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Blaze1961

New Head-Fier
I've recently been wearing headphones for gaming and general Youtube channels (about a month) almost exclusively. My right ear sometimes sounds like has static, I thought maybe it was just the right audio so I turned the headphones around but my right ear still had the issue. It doesn't ring but as I said it sounds like a slight static noise randomly, when not wearing the headset I have no issue.

Any ideas?

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Are they closed backs? Maybe a pressure build up?

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 6
I get that when my sinuses are clogged and have head pressure. It sounds like my ear is a speaker “clipping”. That’s my cue for nasal spray / rinse and if need be antihistamine to clear the head.

Jan 2, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 6
I get that when my sinuses are clogged and have head pressure. It sounds like my ear is a speaker “clipping”. That’s my cue for nasal spray / rinse and if need be antihistamine to clear the head.
I did just get over a cold last week, I don't feel congested. I'll take a Benadryl and give it a few days without the headset. Thanks for the info.

Jan 6, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #6 of 6
I used to get this, only in my right ear. It sounds like my headphones are distorting, but then the sounds is triggered again by loud noises, like a siren, or something.

I eventually realised this was caused by me listening to music too loud. Since then I kept the volume down a notch or two, and it never happened again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back