Ear cleaning procedure for long lasting canalphone seal
Oct 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #16 of 52
Ear wax is actually every important. It's slightly acidic so it prevents the growth of bacteria. This is especially important for us IEM wearer since we insert the tips pretty deep. You need a bit of ear wax so you don't get ear infections.

Oct 10, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #17 of 52
i just use a special ear cleaning aerosol spray 3 or 4 times a week, one shot in each ear, tip head to side to drain away. most effective straight after a shower to evacuate the soapy water & stop it forming residue in your ears.

Oct 10, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #18 of 52
I lie back in the bath tub with my ears under the water for a few minutes every week. The heat melts the wax (if there is any) away with no poking and my iem's fit beautifully for a few days after that.

Ian

Oct 10, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #19 of 52
First off, this procedure doesn't remove the necessary wax for the ears, it removes the seepage that invades the ear canals. Believe what you want but I will stick with it.

The next thing I come up with, like a special procedure for cleaning the hands or whatever, some on e will find something wrong with it.

That's alright, I'll continue on.

Oct 10, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #25 of 52
lewislink do you have any medical training? typically when a doctor, who spent many many years studying things like your ears, suggests against something for the sake of your health it is a good idea.

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #26 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lewislink do you have any medical training? typically when a doctor, who spent many many years studying things like your ears, suggests against something for the sake of your health it is a good idea.

And cigarette smoking was declared by doctors, years ago, to be safe and beneficial. Dentists approve Crest toothpaste and that's the only toothpaste that has ever caused me tooth decay. Doctors have said coffee drinking is bad for you and then, later, that it's good for you.

Are you seeing where I'm going with this?

Not to mention it was doctors who issued the heart meds that caused my father's renal failure and death.

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #27 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you had better inform the cotton swab makers then. It appears they are fostering a dangerous activity with the sell of the swabs.

Guess we should inform gun manufacturers that their products could be fatal as well... the point the doc was trying to make is you shouldn't be sticking anything into your ear. Including cotton swabs.

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #28 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess we should inform gun manufacturers that their products could be fatal as well...

Nah, it's the bullets that are fatal. The gun is just a toy.

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, it's the bullets that are fatal. The gun is just a toy.

Touché.
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #30 of 52
fair enough, doctors are human too, it's science. My grandmother died of cervical cancer when she was put through experimental treatments in the 70s and that hasn't stopped me from trusting doctors or going pre-med in college. what real benefit to cleaning out your ears yourself is there? ears typically take good care of themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back