[ear-canal buds]Sennheiser CX 300?
Feb 5, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
These are the same as Sharp MD-33S, Creative EP-630, and other various earbuds that look the same.

It's been confirmed by many people. Please use the search function next time. Thanks.

I know many people round here don't like hifi magazines that much, bu the german "AUDIO" has a headphone roundup in its current issue, and there they give the EP630 40 points, but the CX300 get 60 points. so at least a hint that they might be different.
Not everything is about the outward apperance
eggosmile.gif

sometimes, there's more than meets they eye.........

btw. many people also think, that the sharp and the creative are not identical. for example the drivers of the sharp are officialy stated to be 9mm, whereas the Creative ones are 8mm........

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore
btw. many people also think, that the sharp and the creative are not identical. for example the drivers of the sharp are officialy stated to be 9mm, whereas the Creative ones are 8mm........

Well, who knows what source to trust, but I just brought the Creative EP-630s from Amazon UK (£20), and the packaging says the drivers are 9mm (big and bold on the front of the box, and in the spec on the back)....

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyRamen
Since I am also interested in this, I just checked on the model in question.. Senn CX300... on the website.

Guess what I found.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...transid=500830

Why did the price go up?!
eek.gif

The "official" MSRP set by Sennheiser and most companies is completely meaningless. Grado's the only headphone company I can think of where headphones are sold at MSRP, and Apple is one of the very few tech companies which enforce this price.

Feb 7, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnk
Well, who knows what source to trust, but I just brought the Creative EP-630s from Amazon UK (£20), and the packaging says the drivers are 9mm (big and bold on the front of the box, and in the spec on the back)....

Hey well, look, some proof.
smily_headphones1.gif

Several people whom bought them earlier from eBay say that they sound like the MD-33S.

It's no doubt the companies wanted this as they are considered awesome headphones, no?

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #36 of 44
Look what J&R emailed me today !!

Dear Valued Customer,

We are pleased to tell you that the following items have just become available for shipment, or are expected very shortly. Order now by clicking the link next to the item(s) you wish to receive.

CX 300-B Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Black
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...rt.SEN+CX300-B.

Order now by clicking the link above.

At the time of this mailing, these items are in stock, or coming in very shortly. Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.

Due to high volume sales, stock status changes frequently. If this item is not in stock at the time you wish to order it, you may submit an additional request and you will be notified when we receive our next shipment.

If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department using the information below.

Thank you once again for shopping at J&R Music And Computer World.

Feb 7, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #37 of 44
the press release is saying msrp is $49.99...

Old Lyme, Connecticut, January 6, 2006 — Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG has long been acknowledged as a global technology leader in pro and home headphone and microphone design. Now Sennheiser Electronic Corporation (SEC), its U.S. wholly-owned subsidiary, has introduced the new CX 300, its first consumer “ear-canal” headphones. Tailored both for portable music devices such as Apple Computer’s enormously popular iPod™ family, and for the ever-expanding galaxy of portable media sources that incorporate gaming as well as simple music-listening functions, the new Sennheiser CX 300 sets the standards for noise isolation, quality, and performance.

“The iPod and its many cousins have all but revolutionized listening habits and music consumption in America and around the world,” says Bill Whearty, Sennheiser Electronics’ vice president of sales & marketing, consumer electronics. “The potential for very high quality personal listening is there, but the inexpensive “earbuds” supplied even with many costly personal-portables are a weak link indeed. Sennheiser’s new CX 300 design stands ready to remedy this, with comfortable, affordable, genuinely elevated performance that is orders of magnitude better.”

The CX 300 employs an advanced, miniaturized driver Sennheiser tailored for smooth, acoustically correct in-ear operation; this provides the CX 300 with an extended response (18 Hz- 21 kHz) for satisfying musical detail and impressive yet defined bass. Equally important, the new Sennheiser design promotes superb comfort as well. The CX 300 is supplied with three different sized ear adapters in soft, silicone rubber that ensure long-term comfort for every wearer, as well as the excellent in-ear seal necessary both for ambient-noise reduction and deep-bass reproduction.

The CX300 also incorporates an ergonomically asymmetrical, light but strong cable and arrives with a set of plug adapters. With classic, clean-looking visuals and a choice of black or silver finish, the Sennheiser CX 300 design will complement even the most futuristic, or most understated, of today’s wide-ranging portable media equipment. As with all Sennheiser consumer products, the CX300 enjoy a comprehensive, industry standard setting, 2–year warranty.

The Sennheiser CX 300 ear-canal phones will be available January 2005, at Sennheiser’s suggested retail price of $49.95.

About Sennheiser
Established in 1945 in Wedemark, Germany, Sennheiser is the acknowledged world leader in headphone-transducer and microphone technology, RF-wireless and infrared sound transmission and, most recently, the development of active noise-cancellation. Sennheiser Electronic Corporation is a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary, headquartered in Old Lyme, Connecticut.

For additional information about Sennheiser, visit www.sennheiserusa.com.

Feb 8, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #38 of 44
Melik
I also got that email
icon10.gif

thanks dustindeed for the info, I think I read that too a while ago. It's weird how Sennheiser's press release says $50 but the site should also say the same thing because wouldn't a higher price turn customers away? Im still going to get them at JR (unless my mom didn't tell me that she ordered them from somewhere else already)

Feb 16, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #41 of 44
can somebody who still has that $35 pricequote email from j&r forward it to me?

much appreciated.

Feb 16, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #42 of 44
I am thinking that JR jack up the price based on demand, as the email price I got is now $59. If anyone has an in to getting these below $40, please post it so we can benefit. Thx.

Feb 16, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by wlai
I am thinking that JR jack up the price based on demand, as the email price I got is now $59. If anyone has an in to getting these below $40, please post it so we can benefit. Thx.

the sales rep said to email her with the proof of the previous price, hence my asking for the pricequote email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back