Ear bud fit question
Nov 11, 2008 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

originalsnuffy

Headphoneus Supremus
Anybody else have problems with the earbuds (both apple and other brands) falling out of your ears?

I think it is ear lobe shape issues. I could not find a good explanation of how ear shape impacts the use of earbuds in reading the forums.

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #4 of 6
i have small ears but still the ipod phones slip out
frown.gif

But I guess that's a good thing coz that's the first reason i started exploring the world of IEMs !!

Nov 12, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #5 of 6
i currently have over 10 earbuds/iem's and i've owned a few in my time, including the huge, and hugely dissaponting super.fi 5eb. it would seem that some fit better than others, but in my experience, all present the same problem.

all, and i mean all, slip out of position, which has an adverse effect on the sound, mainly with the bass. IMHO none and i mean none of my IEM's overcome this problem totally. My little denon's are better than most, but on the whole, i feel it's an inherent problem with this style of headphones.

some will say "i've have no problem" some of mine are comfotable, but staying in position when on the move...never! and i mean never for any of them.

if these people are sitting still for long periods of time, then in can understand, but walking around town, they all ease out of position...all of them!

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i currently have over 10 earbuds/iem's and i've owned a few in my time, including the huge, and hugely dissaponting super.fi 5eb. it would seem that some fit better than others, but in my experience, all present the same problem.

all, and i mean all, slip out of position, which has an adverse effect on the sound, mainly with the bass. IMHO none and i mean none of my IEM's overcome this problem totally. My little denon's are better than most, but on the whole, i feel it's an inherent problem with this style of headphones.

some will say "i've have no problem" some of mine are comfotable, but staying in position when on the move...never! and i mean never for any of them.

if these people are sitting still for long periods of time, then in can understand, but walking around town, they all ease out of position...all of them!

Etymotic ER 6i. They have never fallen out, they have never broken their seal, they have never shifted in my ear. They're small, they go in deep, they seal up tight, and they're unmatched in sound isolation. For me, they're comfy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back