Ear Ache from IEMs
Mar 25, 2008 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

indysmith

100+ Head-Fier
I just went for a jog with my Super.Fi 5 pros in, and now I've got earache in both ears. It's not been long since I cleaned my tips. How often should you clean them? (the manual says every time you use them - fat chance!)
I'm hoping the earache is just because it's cold outside.
Has anybody else gotten this?

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 9
i used to get inside my ears small pimples that made me take breaks until they healed (sometimes weeks). you should keep both your ears and your tips clean otherwise this is a very high likelyhood you will develop more problems.

never let the pain go on and use more. you can really hurt your ears if you are not careful.

p.s. by earache, you mean physical or like ringing and pain from noise?

Mar 25, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 9
physical pain, it's not from noise.
It seems to be fading now which is good. Just to be safe I've cleaned my tips and I'm not going to use them for a few days.

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 9
so selling them is the answer? if you can get ahold of audiotechnica finefit tips which have a muchsmaller tube, you may find the fit to be tolerable at worst. i have used them with my denon, victor and modified to use with my atrio - great tips that are just not made for elephants.

Mar 25, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 9
You should try Comply T400 tips. They are said to be very comfortable. They are foamies.

Mar 25, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 9
I experience this with my SF5 Pro's too, regardless of which tip I use. It's a shame because I love listening to them but this is the only thing that stops me.

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #8 of 9
I used to use my Super.fi Pros at work but I would often find my ears hurting at the end of the day.

So I switched to Beyerdynamic DT770s.

Not exactly they most practical headphone for jogging, though.

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #9 of 9
I do not have SF Pro but q-Jays, but I think I would get earache from most of the IEMs too.

My case is, when the eartips are just in my ear, they start to pain, and it's getting worst with time. My solution is to push the earphones inner my ear canal (with q-Jays You can) where are no receptors...
And needed time to get use to the IEM of course, this was about 2 weeks!

Now, I can wear it for hours without problem, but when they slip out of my ear it get hurt, so I know I have to push them in. This works for me.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back