EAR 834p available
Jun 8, 2011 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lolo

New Head-Fier
FYI. There is an upgraded EAR 834p (tube preamp w/ phono stage) available on AudiogoN. The ad does not include the the following details: 4 yrs. old. Upgrades: MIT Polypropylene coupling cap between stages and an unknown brand of polystyrene for the output. Modified output tube biasing to use a 12au7 as the output tube instead of the original 12ax7. It was owned and, shall I assume (?), modified by the technician in a high end audio store in Honolulu. The is the high priced chrome model. Selling for only $1500. I would have posted this in the selling forum (though it's not my ad or amp,) but I have not yet been a member for the required 30 days. Feel free to copy and paste this info there. Would-if-i-could-but-I-can't.....Lori

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 2
Ooops.  Forgot to mention: the only way to find this ad on A'gon is to select "in any category."  It hasn't shown up when I select "pre-phono."  According to the US distributor for Dynvector, Mike Franka, this amp pairs particularly well with the VPI Classic turn table w/ a Dynavector Karat 17D3 cartridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back