Eames Replica trusted sources
Sep 17, 2022 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ThanatosVI

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

Now that I own a high end audio setup, I want to improve the experience by adding a nice chair.

Currently I dream about an Eames lounge chair. Since the original from Vitra (I'm in EU) is way out of budget I'd like to get a replica.

There are some well done replicas out there, the question is where to get them. Especially in the EU.

Does anyone of you have an Eames Replica and can recommend a dealer?
I'm looking for a high quality replica that got the size, quality, comfort and material right. Not something that just looks like an eames.

I hope some of you can help me.
Best regards,
ThanatosVI

Sep 17, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 8
Hey guys,

Now that I own a high end audio setup, I want to improve the experience by adding a nice chair.

Currently I dream about an Eames lounge chair. Since the original from Vitra (I'm in EU) is way out of budget I'd like to get a replica.

There are some well done replicas out there, the question is where to get them. Especially in the EU.

I'm looking for a high quality replica that got the size, quality, comfort and material right. Not something that just looks like an eames.

Best regards,
ThanatosVI
I apprehensively clicked on your "Things more precious than audio gear" link and waited for the onslaught of baby pic's, gun pic's, religous motto's, etc. and lo and behold: Nothing but absolutely beautiful pic's to warm your heart! Awwww.

Sep 17, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 8
I apprehensively clicked on your "Things more precious than audio gear" link and waited for the onslaught of baby pic's, gun pic's, religous motto's, etc. and lo and behold: Nothing but absolutely beautiful pic's to warm your heart! Awwww.
Yeah they certainly are heartwarming.
Whenever life gets rough, they are there to ease the pain.

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Hey guys,

Best regards,
ThanatosVI
I much prefer my leather La-z_Boy rocker/recliner to the footstool designs. It has worked perfectly for 20 years.
I have a huge range of adjustment, and its really comfortable.
The only downside is that I now have a tendency to get comfy and fall asleep while listening to my speakers or headphones.

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 8
I much prefer my leather La-z_Boy rocker/recliner to the footstool designs. It has worked perfectly for 20 years.
I have a huge range of adjustment, and its really comfortable.
The only downside is that I now have a tendency to get comfy and fall asleep while listening to my speakers or headphones.
I kept researching about Eames Replica sources, and damn was it horrible what I found out.
Even the "positive reviews about faithful replicas" seem to be tied to dirty practices.

In the meantime I looked into Stressless recliners and try to test the Mayfair and Reno next friday.
They will be significantly more expensive, but at least it won't be a Hassle to get them and 10 years warranty are reassuring.

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #6 of 8
I kept researching about Eames Replica sources, and damn was it horrible what I found out.
Even the "positive reviews about faithful replicas" seem to be tied to dirty practices.
Any chance you have a link to a good summary of what you found out? I'll be in the market for one soon (either replica or original) and would like to be well informed.

Sep 18, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 8
Any chance you have a link to a good summary of what you found out? I'll be in the market for one soon (either replica or original) and would like to be well informed.
Unfortunately I don't have much, most negative remarks get deleted fast.
Don't buy from
- Sohnne
- Cuverk
- replica-eames.co.uk
- Mid Century

While those usually are recommended when you search for "best eames replica", it turned out that they offer horrible customer experiences and buy/copy reviews from other sources.
The negative comments apparently get deleted fast on many of those sites.

This Made it a lot less trustworthy. Not even sure if I should believe the positive reviews at all.
Therefore I will now go with Stressless. However if you go the eames replica Route, please send me a pm with your experience afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back