EAC
Nov 29, 2004 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Asterix

Banned
Someone please guide me through how to make the best quality copy of a cd with EAC... please... thanks. I wasn't able to figure it out when I first used it.

Also, do I need to bother with this program if I have Nero? Will the copies be identical? Thanks.

Nov 29, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 5
http://www.ubernet.org/modules.php?o...file=uberguide

This should do.

PS: Please do a little research before asking in the future. Not that it bothers me, I'm glad to help, but all the answers are already out there. It's just for you to find them.

EDIT: Didn't notice previous post. And yes, EAC is the only program that can make a 100% exact copy (taking combined read/write offset into account) as far as I know.

Nov 29, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 5
EAC has a better method of ripping the files, allowing it to be bit perfect if you set it properly and there arent scratches that would interfere. You can also set it to re-read areas that it has trouble reading until it is confident it has the correct bit value for that area.

Nov 29, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 5
You might also consider using test&copy instead of copy as is used in the tutororial.(copy is used in the tutorial) Also ensure that your drive has accurate stream, otherwise turn it of. Make sure your read offset and write(in case of a burner) offsets are right. There are a bunch of things to keep in mind and it's best to compare guides, to make your own call about what to use.

Ripping to mp3 for anything other than protable use is a bad idea in my eyes
smily_headphones1.gif

Lossless codecs and some lossy codecs are better suited to that task.

Madman2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back